This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

16.11.07

NAVY WIFE


I am a Navy wife. And I must tell you, I’ve met lots of different people, some I miss, some…not so much. Anyway, this is a story that I remember with amusement.

It was homecoming. The ship had been gone for over six months. A few of us wives met early that morning in the Commons to get some coffee and walk to the pier together. The day was cold, it was winter and windy.

One of my friends was wearing a “surprise” for her husband. Despite the cold weather, under her trench coat she wore nothing more than a dark pink/black satin corset with matching panties. Pink hearts had been applied to where her nipples were. Add in her heels and she was ready for him, not to mention freezing.

I had been told she was going to do it, but I didn’t think she would actually go through with it. Man was I wrong. So we head down to the pier where we are going to be waiting for over an hour for the ship to pull in and get tied.

Before we can get onto the pier itself, we have to go through metal detectors. All of us get through but one. The one of us in lingerie. She sets off the detector.

There are three guards standing there. Two with M-16’s and one with a sidearm. All young men with a very serious look on their face. I guess it didn’t help that we were laughing so hard on the other side, because we knew she was going to have to open her jacket.

She keeps trying to tell them what she has on under her jacket, as opposed to actually showing them, but each time she steps near one of them, they step back. Frustrated she opens her trench coat and shows each of them what she was wearing.

They may have been serious men, but even they reacted to her outfit. All jaws dropped and faces grew red with embarrassment. While, all of us were still laughing (I admit it, we could have handled it better on our end, but it was funny to watch).

The first guard to recover used a wand on her and finally let her pass. When she got through we asked her what it was that had set it off. She glared and said the fasteners holding on the hearts. She had made sure everything else was plastic but apparently that she forgot about.

We all learned a valuable lesson. One, if it’s cold out, don’t wear next to nothing no matter how long our husbands have been away. And two, if you do, make sure nothing will set off the metal detectors.

When I left that command, I know they were still using her “incident” with the guards as an example for other new spouses of things one should really think hard about doing at homecoming…although her husband was pleased.

Well, the only other thing I can say is, if you are a military spouse that we are a part of an exceptional group of people. Share your experiences with others, help new spouses get settled in at their new duty stations. And never forget that what we do here at home is also important to our spouses no matter where they are in the world.

www.militaryonesource.com is a great site for anything military. I hope that families utilize the services offered to us. Go to your Morale Welfare Relief and ask them what fun activities are happening near by for you and your family. There is support around and please, don’t be afraid to look for it.

Go to the meetings they have for pre-deployment and pre-homecoming. No matter how trite you may think they are, there is always a good point to be found; perhaps a question another person asks that reminds you of another thing that needs to be squared away before your spouse leaves.

If you aren’t a military spouse, but know people in the services, I hope you don’t forget that it isn’t an easy life for us. Yes, we chose it, but it doesn’t mean it’s easy. And that just because certain things are going on in the world doesn’t mean we are in agreement with them all. Despite being married to the military we are still individuals and have our own views and opinions on everything.

I have been verbally attacked and physically threatened because of the DOD stickers on my vehicle. People came after me, because I was military, they never once asked me what I thought. So don’t lump everyone into a section.

There are days that we will be angry, depressed, and you may or may not understand but if you are there for us, we will be forever grateful.

I’ve heard it many times that the spouse has the hardest job in the military, for we don’t only marry our husband/wife but those they serve with and of course whatever branch they are in. Many times our lives are put on hold as we go where our spouse goes, sometimes at a moments notice, we pack, and we leave behind friends and family. We are expected to be the one who holds it together. The only schedule that is set in stone is the one that says they can be told to leave at anytime.

Regardless of the difficulties, I am proud to be a Navy wife.



Navy Wife
Navy Wife

4 comments:

Amarinda Jones said...

My mother was an Army wife and followed the drum as you do in that life. We were kids when my father was in Vietnam, in those days there were no organizations to help defence forces wives. Vietnam caused great divisions but no one considered the wives left at home waiting for their men's return. I am glad that has changed.

I respect all men and women in the defence forces. They are trained to do a hard yet necessary job. If you do not agree with whatever the war is over then at least respect that these people are doing their duty. End of sermon

littlelamblst said...

I have been more often lurking and reading posts than commenting. Just had to say that your post made me stop and take a moment to appreciate the sacrifices made by the people in the military and their families. It is an important message that one need not agree with decisions/policies but still support the individuals that make up our forces.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for you kind comments.

It is changing, slowly. I know there used to be the mentality that "if the military wanted me to have a wife they would have issued me one with my sea bag." There is still a long way to go, but at least it's been started.

Thanks for all the support, every little bit goes such a long way.

~Navy Wife

LynTaylor said...

What a fantastic post! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I bet the ladies husband got a laugh out of the whole situation - but I bet the guards at the gate got the evil eye :LOL:.

We had a little run in with some Aussie Army fella's this weekend. Sadly one of our soldiers (a local at that) was killed in action in Afghanistan. The first since Vietnam. There was a service in town and many military people were there. Old and new. Anyway, I digress. The wake was at the local Tavern, where us girls were having our monthly night out on the town. So here we were, hanging out at the jute box and there's all this yelling and whistling going on in the background. We thought the boys were just mucking around with the big canoe. But lo and behold we finally turned around when these guys were all putting their shirts BACK ON! Can you believe it! We were so cranky with ourselves. Believe me, from the little that I did see, there would have been some very nice dreams that night LOL! One guy was 6'4 at least. He almost had to duck when he walked through the door AND he had TATT's and a body that could have easily graced one of our covers. Phwaaarr ... yes, some very nice dreams were had ;) LOL.