This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

20.1.08

The Sexual Tao


In my White Tigers series, the men of the White Tiger are skilled in the erotic arts. Really, in my intention, it means they are trained to pay careful attention - to a man's unique scent and flavour, the sounds he make, the part of him that are particularly sensitive and bring him pleasure. The background research of the White Tigers' methods really come from The Sexual Teachings of the White Tigress by Hsi Lai, a Westerner who has spent years with the female sexual Taoists in China, learning their ways and understanding their history. I first heard about this book from Jade Lee, my favorite erotic romance author whose exotic historical Tigress series takes place in Shanghai and has been endlessly inspiring. She admires the Tigresses for their courage in finding sexual pleasure and enlightnement in a repressive culture. I agree and also found that this methodology adapted itself quite well to m/m. I don't necessarily think that's it's necessary to make the body immortal, but it seems that learning healthy sexual attitudes and practices of the body and spirit certainly can enhance our lives, something that I try to convey through my stories. Hope it's working! Hugs, Sedonia

4 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

What a wise post, Sedonia! I really like the notion that the essence of sexual expertise is not some esoteric physical technique, a masterful flutter of muscles, a special flick of the tongue, but rather a mental attitude: paying attention. Mindfulness, in Zen terms, being in the present, focusing, is the key to pleasure, both one's own and the pleasure of one's partner.

Wonderful first blog entry! I look forward to more.

Brynn Paulin said...

This sounds like a great series!! BTW, I love the cover too.

Sedonia Guillone said...

Thank you both. Actually, the mindulness aspect is what I've culled from my reading about the sexual Tao and what I put into the books. I'm really so glad you enjoyed the post.

Sedonia Guillone said...

Brynn - I love the covers too! We have Anne Cain to thank for them. She's wonderful!