This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

26.2.08

Dreaming big!

Dreaming... By Sierra Cartwright

"Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before." -- Joseph Campbell

Follow your bliss... Easier said than done!

So many of us are caught up in the daily grind, get up, peel back our eyelids, brew a cup of coffee or tea or crack open a can of soda (who cares, as long as it has caffeine) go to work, or drag the kids out of bed and get them ready for the day. Then, with our responsibilities to our relationships, our jobs, friends, homes... We're so tired, how would we even know what our bliss is, let alone to follow it?

But you know what, it's there, somewhere, niggling. It's those random thoughts that dart through when you're busy doing other things. Maybe it's a book you see advertised, and you think, "One day, when I have more time, I'll read it."

One day, I'll take a long vacation.

One day, I'll go back to school, get a puppy, do that volunteer work I've been thinking about.

One day...

Maybe, if you're like me, you get ideas at the most interesting times. When I'm in the bathtub, when I'm driving, drifting off to sleep, or going for a walk.

But all those times have something in common...they come to me when I'm either alone or being quiet.

It's in those moments that I get that whisper of what my bliss might be.

But it's what I do with those moments that matter. Do I ignore them until they go away? (Yeah, more times than I care to admit! LOL) Or do I do something with that urge? Do I follow it? Do I book a trip somewhere fabulous? Do I do a little research into a new job I might like to have? Do I scribble down a few words for my new book?

In the quiet, and, thank God, sometimes in the chaos, ideas, thoughts, inspiration come to us. What we do with them is up to us.

What were you thinking about as you read this? What came to your mind? And now, what are you going to do with it?

Here's to you, and here's the the urging of inspiration!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Where are the Brits Bound?


Bound Brits

Celebrate the release of Total-E-Bound's new anthology Bound
Brits
with our "Where are the Brits Bound?"
contest. Bound Brits offers six sizzling bondage stories
set in various spots in the United Kingdom. To win a free copy of the
anthology, plus a gift certificate from the woman-friendly adult toy store
Libida.com, all that you need to do is figure out where each story
takes place. Second prize is a gift certificate from Total-E-Bound.


To enter this contest - CLICK HERE!

4 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hey, Sierra,

Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to get lost in the trivial.

Hugs,
Lisabet

Dakota Rebel said...

Great post sweetie. You are too right.

XoXoXo
Dakota

lyntaylor said...

I can't imagine the amount of things I've not done purely because I've been so busy that 30 seconds after the idea hits me, I've forgotten it LOL! Then again, if I do remember I usually can't afford to do it anyway LOL!

I even bought a voice recorder thingo so I wouldn't forget things but I never remember to carry it with me. Talk about flustered! I'm amazed that I get ANYTHING done!

Great post Sierra :D

Ashley Ladd said...

You're right. When I'm quiet, my mind works and I get a lot of great ideas. For me, that's usually when I'm either swimming or walking. That's probably the only time I'm not multi-tasking otherwise.