Hi, I am newly contracted with Total-E-Bound and I thought my first blog post should be an introduction of sorts. Here are 10 little known facts about Victoria Blisse.
1. I picked my pen name purely out of vanity. My real last name isn’t very sexy and so I wanted to replacew it with something with a little zing to it. I lacked creativity with the first name, though. Victoria is my first name in real life, too.
2. I sing in my church choir. I go to church regularly and have been a Christian all my life which often surprises people as I write erotic romance. I personally cannot see why one negates the other. Anyone who’s heard me sing will also be baffled by the fact I’m in the choir. I know why it is, it keeps me in the Choir stalls away from the main body of the congregation –saving their poor ears.
3. My Christmas cake is world renowned. I love to bake and right now my house is filled with the scent of freshly baked gingerbread. Every Christmas I bake a British fruit cake and send slices to my friends all over the world. They all love it, in fact it has caused fights in the past over the last bite.
4. As a teenager I collected smarties lids. Smarites are small chocolates covered in a hard coat a bit like M&M’s but flatter and rounder. They used to come in a tube that had an alphabet letter printed on the lid. I collected these lids and eventually had the whole alphabet!
5. I love Cliff Richard. I’m really fairly young (29 between you and I) but I lov e the aged rock star and have loved him since I was 11 years old. I am going to his 50th Anniversary tour later this year and I cannot wait. I saw him last year in concert for the first time and it was magical. A tear came to my eye when he sang my favourite song “Ocean Deep”
6. I am a big kid at heart. I have a collection of teddies and toys that are all my own including a cute Easter Eeyore and a Manchester Commonwealth Games Cat. I did have a Carebear, Grumpy. I got him on my 7th Birthday and I kept him in bed with me right up until he fell apart at the seams when I was 21.
7. I recently met the Bishop of Manchester. He was a wonderful man full of joy and peace. I proudly wear my “Run the Race” badge now and I got to hold his baton –the very one used for the Manchester Commonwealth Games.
8. Flash Gordon is my favourite film. I love Flash and watched it over and over and over again as a kid. I still know most of the script and watch it on TV whenever it is on.
9. I can sew. I can’t knit, I’ve tried and being left handed (I blame a lot on that) I seem to not be able to keep my stitches straight, I always end up with too many. I can sew, though.
10. I once won a poetry competition. I was ten at the time and it was the school’s Easter poem competition. I won a big chocolate egg and I’ve been writing poetry and prose ever since.
So, now you know!