This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

23.3.08

Convince Me

First of all, Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! I've cracked open my first Cadbury egg, so the holiday has officially arrived.

































Now, on with the blog:

With all due respect to my friend Emma (*Jamie waves to Emma*), I'm sort of sorry to see spring arrive. I love winter. We had more snow this year than ever in history, and we managed to stay white most of the winter. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy driving in it, and I didn't enjoy the ice storm that left me without power for hours (no computer, horrors!) I just love the season.

Spring is nice, too. It's pleasant to be able to walk outside without a huge coat and mittens. The colors on the trees and budding tulips are spectacular. But I'll miss winter, especially when we go from 40 degrees F to 90 in a matter of weeks.

Warm weather will arrive whether I'm convinced I'm ready, or not. For a little something to warm you up, check out my latest Lust Bite, Convincing Cate, now available from Total e-Bound Publishing.




Vince Mason is sure the perfect woman doesn't exist. When he meets elusive Cate Reynolds and finds she's nearly as close to perfect as he can imagine, he doesn't want her to slip away.

Cate is attracted to Vince, but she sees one major problem--he's almost ten years younger, an age span she refuses to live with.

It's going to take one carefully crafted plan, a few well-meaning relatives, and maybe even a shot from Cupid's arrow before Vince is through convincing Cate.

Buy Now

Excerpt:

She didn't want to face him at all, but he hadn't poured the drinks down her throat. She was a big girl and could own up to her mistakes. Cate thought she might look for another restaurant to entertain business clients after she'd paid the tab. Getting sloppy drunk and having to be taken home was not the wisest career move.

When the doorbell rang, she took a deep breath and exhaled before opening it. Her usual waiter from the restaurant stood on the landing, smiling at her. "You!" She was surprised.

Now he appeared surprised as well, and nodded. "I'm Vince."

Vince! That's why the name sounded familiar. He was the kid who almost always waited on her table. God, he looked about twelve. Cate felt about seventy. "I'm sorry, of course you are. I'm just having trouble remembering last night."

He smiled. "Guess it'll be interesting to see how big your tab is."

"Oh yeah." She rolled her eyes, grabbing a jacket and her purse. After pulling out her keys, Cate locked the door behind them and followed him to his car.

"Sorry." He opened the paint-peeled door of the old car for her. "It runs well."

She grinned and slid into the seat. "That's all that matters, isn't it?"

He went around to the driver's side and got in. "Not to a lot of people. But to me, yeah. I'm saving my money for more important things."

"Good for you." She nodded in agreement and fastened her seatbelt as he headed to the restaurant. "I really want to thank you again for last night. That's not something I usually do.." she trailed off, unsure if she should continue.

"I'm glad." He glanced sideways at her. "I'd hate to see you fall into the wrong hands."

She chuckled and watched him clench his hands around the steering wheel. They were large and strong looking, with long, slender fingers. A jolt ran through her and Cate realised she found his hands arousing. What an absurd thought! He was just a kid. "I guess you could say I had a bad night. I argued with my mother about having to work and missing my niece's birthday party. Then my clients, who I was informed were so important they couldn't be put off, never showed up. It all just hit me, I suppose. I'm sorry I acted like such an idiot."

Vince smiled over at her. "You didn't. I was worried about you, is all." He parked in front of the restaurant and they both got out.

"There's my car," she nodded to a newer-model sedan a few vehicles down. "I'll just go in and take care of my bill."

"Okay." He stood in front of her, looking as if he wanted to say something.

She felt awkward, so she leaned in quickly and kissed his cheek. "Thanks again." She pulled back.

They stared at each other. Cate resisted the urge to press her lips against his and kiss him properly. She didn't know what it was about this guy, but standing next to him had her stomach doing flip-flops that weren't drinking-related. He was just a kid..wasn't he?

Reviews:

CONVINCING CATE by Jamie Hill is exquisite. This is the most heart-felt romance I have read this year.

~ Amanda, Romance Junkies

5 Blue Ribbons ~ Romance Junkies ~ Read review here

~

Jamie Hill creates a wonderful story of a young persistent man who knew what he wanted and was very determined to get it... be warned, you need plenty of ice!

~ Alisha, Two Lips Reviews

4 1/2 Kisses ~ Two Lips Reviews ~ Read review here

~

Each chapter goes by quickly so that you'll be disappointed once you have finished it, for you'll want more of this book.

~Lena C., Fallen Angel Reviews

4 Angels ~ FAR ~ Read review here


~

Ms. Hill is a splendid storyteller, the love scenes between Cate and Vince are beautifully written, very descriptive and provocative. I found this story to be very enjoyable and a pleasant way to pass the time.

~ Mickey, Simply Romance Reviews

B- ~ SRR ~ Read review here

9 comments:

Lyn Cash said...

What a cool (sorry for the reference to the weather - lol) post, Jamie. *sending a smile and a wave* Love the kiddie bunnies photo. Love your excerpt!

Jude Mason said...

*waves and Jamie* Hey chickie, I'm a cold weather girl too. Spring is nice, summer is...hot... and then we get back to cool, which suits me fine.

Awesome excerpt and the Happy Keaster picture is just too cute. I hope you and your family are enjoying the long weekend.

Sascha Illyvich, erotica romance writer and real estate investor said...

Well it left me wanting more!

Nice excerpt. And yeah, I love the depression that sets in with winter, inspires me to write hotter romances :)

Sascha Illyvich
http://midnightseductionsauthors.blogspot.com

Judith Rochelle said...

Okay, Jamie. I'm convinced! If Cate doesn't weant vince I'll take him home with me. Meanwhile I'm going to click on the button and buy the book!

Ashley Ladd said...

Congrats on all your great reviews. Happy Easter.

Jamie Hill said...

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by on Easter Sunday and saying hey. Lyn, appreciate the kind words! Hope you had a nice day.

Jude, thanks for popping in! I wish it was a long weekend, here it's just the normal two days.

Sascha and Ashley, great to see you. And Judith, I hope you enjoy the book!

Take care one and all,

Jamie

Catherine Chernow said...

Loved the excerpt, Jamie.

LOL - I also enjoyed the Easter pix.

: )

Catherine Chernow

Lisabet Sarai said...

I love the fact that you're offering a hot tale of a younger man and older woman. I get kind of bored with the same old "lovely young thing meets stud" romances.

Sounds like the reviewers agreed with me!

heiresschild said...

i'm a warm weather person; perhaps because i was born in august, which is probably the hottest month of summer. we had a very mild winter here in MD. i'm enjoying your blog.