This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

19.3.08

Man Appreciation Day!





I'm declaring today Man Appreciation Day. (Which for me is every day). Let's face it, where would erotic romance writers like myself be without guys? How would I spend all day fantasising about men and the many things they're capable of doing with us and with other guys and then weaving all the scenarios into a delicious romance that other people will want to read? That is worth more than I can possibly express in one blog entry.


When I was younger, I had an idea in my head that as I got older, I would burn this man-crazy thing out, especially since I am lucky to be with a man I adore. But I'm about to turn 39 next month and the feeling just gets deeper. It's not this satisfying-my-lust kind of thing more than a deep appreciation of the textures, smells, personality of a man, the way guys tease women (we love that, let's face it!). The whole person. I hope I'm explaining this clearly.



The other day I went into Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee. There was a young girl and a young guy working behind the counter and the guy was teasing the girl - jostling her out of the way, taking the carfe from her as she was about to pour coffee and then using it himself. They caught me grinning at them and I could see the girl was loving it. I said to her, "It's better that way." She nodded and I could see she understood exactly what I meant.


All that said, the pics I've posted here are of men I especially appreciate. (Is it hot in here? Someone turned the fan off. Oh, it's me.) Thanks for sharing Man Appreciation Day with me. Hugs, Sedonia

15 comments:

Dakota Rebel said...

Hear Hear!!!! Great post. I totally agree. It is ALL about the teasing nature of boys...excuse me men. And as for smells, mmmm....don't even get me started about the way a guy's neck smells in a straight line from ear to collar bone. Groan. Best. Smell.Ever. And they all have it! It's different, but it is almost always fantastic. Yum.

Great post. Did I say that already? Oh well, it was.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

Sedonia said...

Thanks, Dakota! Yeah, don't get me started on those delicious musky scents, either. I'll be here all day.

Lisabet Sarai said...

The interesting thing to me, Sedonia, is that you write MM stories. Where you translate your own love for/attraction to men into the mind of a male character, quite convincingly. Fascinating!

Sedonia said...

Hi Lisabet - The best I can say is that the part of me that is increidbly voyeuristic- read: the part of me that is totally turned on by the though of guy on guy- watches the scene I'm writing in my mind and combines it with what my senses would perceive in such a scenario as well as with whatever I can glean from my own experience. I do my best to put myself in each man's place- feeling what he's feeling, seein what he's seeing, smelling, tasting, etc. I hope that makes sense.

Carol Lynne said...

Love the post and the pics. Yummy! You're a woman after my own heart.

Daniel Craig? Can you say lickable?

Sedonia said...

Hi CL - Thanks! I guess we have similar taste (there's a double meaning in there, I see, lol.) I luv Daniel Craig. So sexy!

Catherine Chernow said...

Oh yes, Sedonia! It's quite hot in here. Those pics you posted of those hunky guys turned me on.

What a terrific post. There's so much about a guy that can be turn-on - not only his physical looks, but his sense of humor.

My guy's been turning me on - with his body and his humor - for the last 30 years. I love him dearly for it.

: )

Catherine Chernow

Sedonia Guillone said...

That's awesome for you, Catherine! And I totally agree - body and humor together - the best combination!

Ashley Ladd said...

Ditto. I adore men. And whew! It's sizzling hot in here. :)

Saskia Walker said...

I love the idea of a Man Appreciation day! :) Lovely post, Sedonia.

Sedonia said...

Thank you so much, Saskia.

Anika said...

Mmm, very good post, Sedonia...

Sedonia said...

Thank you so much, Anika! You ladies have been really supportive of Man Appreciation Day. Hugs!

Barbara Sheridan said...

fangirl mode [X]ON [ ]OFF

Gackt!!!!!!

*Squee*

fangirl mode []ON [X]OFF

I'm calm now, honest I am ^_^

Sedonia said...

Barbara - I know! Gackt is INTOXICATING!