This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

8.3.08

Winter Blah

By Marie Haynes


I really hate winter. It’s cold, dark, dreary, depressing and did I mention cold! So, how can I get myself out of this winter funk. If my grandfather were still alive, he’d tell me to think “warm” thoughts. My grandfather was a wise man. I think I’ll take his advice a step further, though, and think “hot” thoughts instead.
Hot Thought Number 1: Kissing. Kissing, in my humble opinion, is completely under-rated and under-appreciated. Nothing can warm the heart – and body – as well as a kiss. It begins slowly, tentative in shyness and insecurity. As you feel the response of your partner, it deepens, lips part slightly, your hands reach up to touch the back of his neck, his hair. He, gauging your response, becomes more forceful, pulling your body into his, caressing your back. One hand goes down to cup your bottom, the other to entwine your hair. His tongue plunges into your mouth, tasting, exploring. You moan and give your mouth over to his control. Just when you think you will drown in his embrace, he pulls back and looks deeply into your eyes. You smile and loose yourself in his eyes.

Hot Thought Number 2: Hot tub. We bought a hot tub a few years back and I can’t imagine being without it now. First, it’s hot. Duh!!! Second, it has bubbles – something I absolutely love. Image a chilly winter night – not too cold – say around 30 degrees or so (that’s Fahrenheit). You slip your feet into slippers and wrap a towel around your body. Quickly, and I do mean quickly, you go outside and drop the towel, step out of the slippers and into the steaming water. The contrast between the cold air and the hot water takes your breath away for a moment, but as you ease your body into the soothing waters, you can feel the tension seeping away. You submerge to your neck and find a jet of water. You position yourself so that the jet hits a very comfortable area – perhaps the small of your back, the soles of your feet, or someplace more delicate. Lean your head back and look at the stars twinkling in the cold sky. Now, though, the cold air doesn’t touch you. You are encased in warmth and comfort.

Hot Thought Number 3: Read. What to read? Well, something to get the blood moving, of course! For starters, here an excerpt from my first Novella, “Conquest of a Fairy”.

After Angus had shown her the room and returned to the bar, Saoirse lay down on the small bed. No sooner had her head hit the pillow than she was asleep. Her sleep however was not dreamless.

“He’s beautiful, isn’t he?” a seductive voice whispered. “You want him, don’t you?”

“Yes,” Saoirse heard herself answer.

“Use your body, then. I will be your soul. We will together make him ours,” the voice commanded.

“But what if he doesn’t want me?”

“Watch.”

Saoirse saw herself then, wearing her corset and Angus’ shirt. She was walking beside him, holding his hand. He looked at her for a moment then swept her into his arms.

“I’ll not hurt you, little one, but I will have you,” Angus said as his mouth descended onto hers.

Saoirse wrapped her arms around Angus’ strong neck and felt his tongue probe inside her willing mouth. She felt her hands on the shirt he wore, pushing it aside as she touched the skin beneath, savouring the feel of his strong chest just as she savoured the taste of his tongue. Before long her hands had dropped to his pants, tugging at them. He released her long enough to step hastily out of his clothing.

His head dropped down and he took a nipple into his mouth, suckling gently then with growing force as the need in both of them swelled. He laid her gently in the damp grass, running his hands down her body, between her legs.

She arched her back in anticipation, her body pulled to him as if by a magnet. He held her face in his hands and placed himself directly over her willing body.

“Now, Angus! Please take me now,” she heard herself say.

“As you wish,” he replied as he plunged deep inside her.

“You see,” the voice said, “he will be yours. He will be mine. Give yourself to me and we will not fail. We cannot fail. If we succeed, he is ours. If he does not succumb to our charms though, you will be his.”

“I want him,” Saoirse replied.

The voice laughed quietly. “As you wish."

3 comments:

barbara huffert said...

I love winter! Can I still do those things anyway? Please, please, please.

Lisabet Sarai said...

My husband has a higher than normal body temperature. Just the sort of person that you want when you live in a cold climate!

Oh, and you didn't mention cats. A furry, snuggly feline is a fabulous way to smooth away the chilly winter blues!

Catherine Chernow said...

Oh my! If that excerpt doesn't heat you up, nothing will.

: )

Catherine Chernow
www.CatherineChernow.com