This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

25.4.08

The End of a Group Masterwork

I love strict category romance lines. There's something comforting and even refreshing about a book you know will fulfill a specific task spelled out right there--as in right there on the front cover. No need to even flip the book over to read the back.


That's why I jumped up and down at the chance to write me some good spoofage. I appreciate mockery, especially when it's aimed at a genre I love. Hey, if you don't read the genre, how will you know which bits are most hiliarious?

Alas, All About Romance doesn't do its purple prose contest any more. But there are some great bits in the past. If you wanna waste some time and have fun, check them out. I wrote an erotic snippet the last year the contest ran.

But hey, wait a sec! Before you go over there, read the complete, the one, the only TUTGBBMCSMB, The Unfeasibly Tall Greek Billionaire's Blackmailed Martyr-Complex Secretary Mistress Bride. It's finished--a true homage (kinda) to a genre I hope never dies.
Chapter one is at Tumperkin’s. That's where the rules and regulations are spelled out.
Chapter two is at Carolyn Jean’s.
Chapter three is at my Place (I got the sex chapter. Yay me!)
Chapter four is at Carrie Lofty’s.
Chapter five is at Ann Aguirre's
Chapter six (and the finale!) is finally up at Lisabeas.

3 comments:

bettie said...

It is a masterwork! Truly historic, or, at least, hysterically funny. :)

Tumperkin said...

and no-one has pimped it better than you Kate! It's been a riot hasn't it?

Lisabet Sarai said...

Absolutely outrageous! And you know, erect nipples are *exactly* like garbanzo beans!

Hugs to you and your team!