This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

23.4.08

A kiss is still a kiss... part two

Last week I wrote about my latest m/m release, Second Time Around. I even gave a steamy excerpt, which surprised a few people, I think, judging from comments I heard. LOL! I did warn there was explicit m/m content, and this is an adult blog. I'm still chuckling over that.

Some people can be very prim and proper on the outside (read: homophobic!) but I have to wonder who's buying all this erotic romance. M/M is one of the hottest genres around right now, and my sales and reviews in that genre have been just great. A reviewer recently said:

“The closeness was agonizing.” In this one simple, elegant sentence, Hill sums up the whole of the story. The sex goes deep and so does the uncertainty. In Hill's world, the erotic is heightened not only by love's purity, but by vulnerability. In the end, Hill doesn't disappoint.

Now I'm tiptoeing into the world of f/f erotic romance. I'm told it isn't as popular, but I'm not sure why. I like it! Perhaps we just need more quality selections out there, to bring people around. If anyone can do that, TEB can! My first f/f story comes out in May, and has already received a Recommended Read (though the review isn't live yet, so I can't brag or post too much!)

Carnal Collision

Jada Green is shocked when a vehicle appears from out of nowhere, smashing in the side of her new compact car. She's even more surprised to find the driver is a cute, enticing blond woman. Thrown together for one night, Jada resists the idea of casual sex until a hot dream has her changing her mind and opening her legs.

Wendi Smith has neither insurance, nor the money to pay for the damage she caused. She's prepared to walk away and let Jada deal with everything, until her heart gets the best of her. When there's a carnal collision, can love triumph over money?


An excerpt:


Walking back into the living room, she saw Wendi examining the pictures on her mantle.

“These are nice. Your family?”

“Yes. Those are my parents. They live in Chicago.” Jada glanced at the photo of the three of them, arms around each other, on her high school graduation day. She was an only child, and they’d always been close.

Wendi looked at her questioningly. “Chicago? How’d you end up in Kansas City?”

Smiling, Jada pointed to the next photo, of her and her first true love, Denise. They were on the beach in Cancun. It would always be one of her favourite shots, no matter how the relationship had ended. “I followed her here. Denise was from Missouri, we met at a debate tournament one year and kept in touch. After school we moved in together. I went to Beauty College, and she became a travel agent.”

“I thought she might be your sister.” Wendi studied the photo closer. “She’s pretty.”

“Nope, no siblings for me. She was my first girlfriend.”

“Really? Isn’t that interesting?” Wendi’s finger traced the silver frame. “I didn’t realise you were gay.”

Jada chuckled. “You didn’t see me checking out that doctor? She was hot.”

“No doubt about that. Her lab coat barely closed over those tits.”

“You noticed? I was trying not to drool.”

“They were drool-worthy. Personally, I prefer smaller jugs. A handful is just enough for me.”

Jada saw the woman’s eyes look over her thirty-two B chest. She gazed at her in wonder. “You mean you—?”

“Yup.” Wendi smiled. “Queer as a three dollar bill. Isn’t that just the funniest coincidence?”

Copyright (C) 2008 Jamie Hill

4 comments:

Jude Mason said...

Oh nice. Me likes very much, Jamie. Congrats on the May release and if you ever figure out why m/m is so popular and f/f isn't, let me know would you?

Lisabet Sarai said...

I think that f/f might be less popular with women (who constitute the majority of romance readers) because it makes some of them uncomfortable to realize or accept that two women together might be sexy. Basically, f/f fiction feels like a threat, the same way that m/m feels for many men.

My personal belief is that people are people, every person has some male and female elements in his or her psyche and sexuality, and the more variations, the merrier!

Jamie Hill said...

Thanks Jude! Of course, I'll keep you posted. Lisabet, you're right on track there. I've never cared if people were gay or straight or bi or whatever, in real life or books.

It just surprises me that m/m is so popular, and f/f is not. For now, anyway. Who knows what the next trend will be?

Thanks for commenting!

~ Jamie

Ericka Scott said...

Jamie - wonderful excerpt. Congratulations on the May release!