This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

24.5.08

Do I have what it takes to be a Diva?

I'm competing in The Romance Studio Diva contest...so far, it's been an interesting mix of anonymous talent versus popularity contest. However, I'm really not sure I have what it takes to be a diva.

According to Dictionary.com a Diva is a distinguished female singer or a prima donna.

Well, I definitely can't sing as is well attested by my children in the car. A great song comes on and I open my mouth. My teenager slumps in her seat so that she is no longer visible to passing motorists and my preschoolers howl "M-O-M" from the backseat. I'm reduced to singing in the car when I'm alone (not very often).

So, how about Prima Donna? Again according to dictionary.com, a prima donna is a temperamental person; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience.

Snort, I wish. I can be a bit temperamental when someone interrupts my writing sessions or gets me up at the butt crack of dawn (most days as I have two preschoolers who haven't learned the fine art of sleeping in yet), but my three-year-old takes the cake for temper tantrums. I gave up competing with him months ago.

As for adulation and priviliged treatment, well, I'm a mom. The only priviliged treatment I've had in a while is a long uninterrupted shower in my own personal paradise (my husband drew the most incredible mural on my shower wall for Mother's Day) and I'm still thrilled to bits to get a good review for my books or the occasional fan letter. I must admit, I do have dreams where I show up for a book signing and find the line wrapped around the building...twice. Or being contacted by a Hollywood studio to begin negotiations to turn one of my little stories into something for the big screen.

But until then. . .(you saw that coming, right?) -- If you get a chance, pop on over to The Romance Studio on Monday and vote for Ericka Scott! Help me release that inner Diva (believe me, I need all the help I can get!)

And to sweeten the deal:

The Scott Family's Apple Gringo Recipe
(apple pie that won't heat up your house)

Ingredients:
Flour tortillas
Apple Pie Filling (heated)
Cinnamon: Sugar mixed in equal quantities (I usually do a 1/2 cup each)
Shredded Cheddar cheese


Deep fry flour tortillas until light brown and crisp
spoon on a couple of tablespoons of warm apple pie filling and spread to the edges
sprinkle with cinnamon:sugar mixture
top with shredded cheese

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lyn Cash said...

oh lord - I guess by definition that I am a bit of a diva - LOL - but...I sure don't FEEL like one.

great post, girl!

Ashley Ladd said...

From your description, I'm definitely not a diva. Especially not the singing sort.