This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

31.5.08

In LA for the BookExpo America

Bumper to bumper traffic, tourists, heat, smog, buildings and beaches - LA is everything you expect and probably a bit more.

I'm in LA for the BookExpo, a huge convention for publishers and booksellers to come together, and here are a couple of my favorite things so far:

Zoltar, the mechanical fortune teller on Santa Monica Pier.
The gas station lady who called me "baby."
Spicy chicken from Chinatown.
The fake trash I saw at the set of ER on the Warner Bros tour.
Tons of people to watch. Everywhere.
Stories hiding around every corner.

I just about always use my traveling as a basis for a new story. The view from the Hollywood Hills is fantastic. Especially at night, with the stars overhead. I bet the ground is a bit prickly...maybe not. Do I need to go check it out before sending a couple there? Don't think so. The Hollywood Hunk -- it could work. Stay tuned.

No comments: