This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

11.5.08

Mother's Day with Ann Cory




Happy Mother’s Day!

This has become a somewhat bittersweet day for me. I lost my mom two years ago and the pain is still very real. It’s tough for me to see all the balloons, flowers, cards, and sayings about moms. Going to the store is out of the question for me – but I know at some point it will get better. At the same time I am a mom and my son and hubby make it a special day. So far I know I’m getting a yummy brunch and fancy dinner made, so I’m excited. While part of me wants to stay in bed with the covers over my head, I also want to celebrate a day I’m so very proud to be a part of.

Now that my son is older he doesn’t make me presents at school – and I have to admit that I kind of miss those. While I will always love anything he gives me – and to be honest a hug and a homemade card are more than enough for me – I have some favorites from Mother’s Day Past. My five favorites are:

1) A handprint with all his favorite things written on it
2) A ceramic…I want to say monster with a huge mouth painted all purple and green. It’s perfect for holding small things inside
3) A vase made out of a bottle and decorated in blue tissue paper – it’s really quite pretty and looks beautiful on my bookshelf in my office
4) A picture frame decorated with sparklies and butterflies – which are always the perfect thing for me
5) A windchime made up of all sorts of objects that I’ll treasure forever

I feel lucky because I feel celebrated every day. And I celebrate each day because I love being a mom. I look back fondly at all the memories I shared with my mom, and know that it’s because of her that I have such a great relationship with my son. She will always be in my heart. To all the mothers out there – I hope you feel celebrated too!

~Ann Cory

2 comments:

Lyn Cash said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother, Ann - loved it. THANK YOU for sharing, and I am glad, glad, glad that you have such a loving husband and son to keep you celebrating motherhood. It's great, isn't it? :)

hugs,
Sunny

Ann Cory said...

Aww, thank you so much :) It truly was a wonderful day!

*hugs*

~Ann