This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

25.6.08

What I Did On My Summer Vacation...


Do you remember that topic you always had to write about when school starts in the fall?


What I Did On My Summer Vacation


Summer's in full swing - with lots of sun and hot weather. This summer, I'm determined, I'm not going to waste it. Every year I say, 'I'm going to get my beach pass and go to the beach on my days off..."

I never do it. I find a myriad of things to do instead of going to the beach. Things I think I just must do.

This summer, I'm not having any 'must do's.'

It's been a year of lots of ill health for two women I know, and I've attended the funerals of several good, wonderful people who've died too young. I'm determined that I'm not going to have any more 'must do's.'

But what should them instead? How about...'wanna do's.'

When Autumn comes andI have to look back on what I did on my summer vacation, I want it filled with memories of days at the beach, of the beautiful flowers in my garden, of spending time with my family and friends at barbecues. I want to recall how I spent more time writing, how I helped my daughter move into her new home. I want to celebrate life to the fullest and not be consumed with thoughts of what I have to do, but what I want to do.

I've got the entire winter to do that - to sit inside and do lots of things I need to do.

My summer will be filled with watching the sun set on the porch we're building on the front of my house. I'm going to spend time playing with my neice's new baby. I'm going to fill my summer with joy.

I hope you can, too. May your summer be filled with 'wanna do's.'


Enjoy.


Catherine Chernow


3 comments:

Dakota Rebel said...

Good for you! That sounds wonderful. I wish I had the willpower to let go sometimes. Does that even work? Does it take willpower to NOT do things? I don't know. But good summer memories sound much better than the usual "Where did summer go" questions.

Great post. Good luck.

XoXoXo
Dakota

Catherine Chernow said...

Hi Dakota!

I think it takes a combo of courage and willpower to let go.

Glad you enjoyed the post and I hope you have a terrific summer!

: )

Catherine Chernow

Ashley Ladd said...

May you have a wonderful, fun-filled summer.