This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

8.9.08

It's my Birthday!



Yep, that's right. Today is my birthday. How old am I, you ask?

In a culture that worships youth, being on the wrong side of thirty has a certain downside, but, strangely, being on the wrong side of forty has quite a few upsides. So, rather than dwelling on the wrinkles, the sags, the bags, the aches, the pains, the "cheater" glasses, the orthopedic shoes, the multi-vitamins and fiber supplements, I'll take a moment to highlight the top ten advantages of advanced years, at least according to me (and since it's my birthday, I can do what I want!)


10. I can use the expression "Back in my day" and enjoy the rolling eyes of the young 'uns.
9. I no longer worry about unsightly pimples popping up.
8. If I want to go out without a date, I go.
7. I no longer have to fumble for my I.D. when buying whiskey.
6. I now look forward to missing periods rather than worrying about missing a period.
5. I can sleep through the night. No getting up for 2 o'clock feedings.
4. I'm far more confident now than I was twenty years ago.
3. I have good credit.
2. Clothing I wore in high school is no longer old-fashioned, it is Retro! I'm cool again!
1. I feel sexier, more vibrant, and more in command of my life now that I'm not so tired and run down with the demands of young children, trying to establish myself in a career, trying to impress my friends and keep a spotlessly clean house.

It's true. My children are practically raised, I'm well established in my "day-job", I don't want friends who need to be impressed, and a little dirt around the house never hurt anyone.

But the really great part about being just a bit older? I have a bit of free time now, and you know what I did with it? I became an erotic romance writer! How cool is that!


Oh, and my age - I'm 45.

7 comments:

Crissy said...

This was a great blog! Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Happy Birthday, Marie!

I couldn't agree with your more, about the benefits of being older. I was so miserable and self-conscious when I was in my twenties.

Dakota Rebel said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

Marie Haynes said...

Thanks for the good wishes.The day began with a bat in my son's room and is ending with his dog having "intestinal issues" in the dining room! GOTTA LOVE IT!

LynTaylor said...

Happy Birthday Marie :D

Brynn Paulin, Author of sassy erotic romance. said...

Hey Marie! Happy birthday!

Mine's really close to yours - the 11th.

Larry C. said...

Hi Marie,

Sounds like you had a great 45th. It just so happens that it's my 45th tomorrow Oct. 25. I was actually a bit down on it although I enjoy many wonderful things. Your blog put some of them in perspective and gave me a lttle lift.
Thank you,
Larry