This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

28.10.08

October is upon us...and actually almost over

I love Halloween. Go figure, the vampire girl's favorite holiday is Halloween. I know. Shocker. But I can't help it. We get to dress up and strangers give us candy. What is not to love about this holiday.

Not to mention scary movies abound! Vampire movies (of course) are my favorite, but I enjoy Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and other standard slasher films of the 80's. Hitchcock movies are also quite common on late night television this month. Psycho is one of the best Hitch movies ever made. It is so creepy, and so good.

Mr Rebel and I love October movie nights. Curling up on the couch together, snuggled under the covers with a bowl of popcorn and M&Ms watching scary movies. At 28 years old I have to admit I still watch movies between splayed fingers. I get scared, I jump, I squig out, and the Mr. loves it. Especially when we are watching a movie he knows I have seen a thousand times. Can't help it, The Exorcist is horrifying.

So what will you be doing for Halloween? Are you ready for the most frightening time of year...because you know Christmas is now wright around the corner.

*Shudder

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

2 comments:

Kim Dare said...

We don't do Halloween so much in the UK. Scary movies is a different matter though.

I love the old Hammer Horror movies (I don't know if they ever made it to the US?) From the newer ones, Silence of the Lambs and the other ones that are all about entirely human 'monsters' are the ones that get to me.

Molly Daniels said...

I'm not a fan of watching horror, but there are a few King books I like. But slashers? NO WAY!