This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

18.10.08

Series/Serial Reader’s Gold

I’ve mentioned a few times that I love series. I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately. Mostly series and serials. Yep there is a difference at least in my opinion between the two of them. There are so many books coming out each month and a lot of them are part of a series/serial.

First here are my definitions of them both:

Series ~ Taige Crenshaw Definition:

Novels that has a related story theme but each one is complete in and of itself.

Serial ~ Taige Crenshaw Definition:

Novels that feature/follows the same main character/s yet are still a fresh story each time.

No matter which way you slice it I find whether it is a serial or series I enjoy reading and writing stories like this. Reading or writing a series gives me a chance to know the world and grow with it. It gives me room to stretch my mind, push my characters to give me more and wallow in there adventure even more. Although I enjoy these stories I don’t usually start writing with the intention of it being a series/serial sometimes it just happens to evolve that way.

I write what I love to read and I’m one of those readers that wondered what is next for such and such main character. Or what happened to this sub - character that I liked in this or that novel. I go hunting to find more and when I find it I feel like I’ve struck READER’S GOLD. I jump up and down and shout in glee. LOL.

My bookshelves (electronic and print) are filled with series/serials. I keep lists of books coming out in my favorites. Everyone should have a little Reader’s Gold on their book shelf.

As a reader I search out that Reader’s Gold. This is what I want my novels to be to my current and future readers ~ Reader’s Gold. No I don’t want you the reader to wait a long time for my books but I want you to be so drawn into the worlds that I create you can’t wait to see what happens next.

Who are some author’s that are your Reader’s Gold and why?

Taige
~Taige Crenshaw
http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/
…increasing the sizzle factor

Chat Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crenshawcafe
My Blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog
Newsletter: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/newsletterandgroups.shtml
Free Reads Site: http://www.satinnotes.com

1 comment:

jrobe10689 said...

Personally I prefer series. Some of my reader's gold is written by Carol Lynne, Lora Leigh, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, and many more that I can't think of off the top of my head at the moment.

Chris Roberts