This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

21.11.08

Dream Job?

So what's your dream job?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist one more list. When you get to the bottom, you'll see why I chose it.

A recent survey of 2,000 people in the United Kingdom showed some surprising results when they were asked to tell what their dream job would be. Here are their Top Ten. I thought many of the choices were surprising, astounding really. What do you think?

Number Ten: Musician

Seems like the dream of 'making it big' that many people had as a teenager, has carried on into their adult life.





Number Nine: Restaurant Owner

I love to eat out whenever I get a chance, but I couldn't imagine the stress and strain of owning and running a restaurant.





Number Eight: Movie Director

This seems like such a strange choice for a dream job. Maybe people felt it was a way to meet famous stars.





Number Seven: Physiotherapist

Okay, this one is downright weird. I can't imagine choosing this as a dream job. Getting to put your hands on people? I just don't know.





Number Six: Police Officer

Gun, uniform, tight breeches, leather perhaps. I know people would choose it for the 'serve and protect' part.






Number Five: Photographer

Another list had Playboy photographer as a top choice. Again, maybe people look at this profession as a way to meet people, famous or otherwise.






Number Four: Paramedic

I can't imagine a more stressful profession. Every call would be an emergency. Definitely not for me, but I'm sure glad they're out there.





Number Three: Landscape Gardener

You have to remember the survey was done in the United Kingdom where almost everyone has some sort of garden.






Number Two: Teacher

I did this for thirty years. I loved working with children, but it's certainly a demanding job. Although I loved teaching, I'm not sure I'd say it was my dream job. P.S. You know that's not a photo of me, don't you?






Number One and the whole reason I posted the list: WRITER

Yes, the number one dream job of the 2,000 people polled was- a writer. Now that I can agree with. Every day when I sit at my computer, I think how lucky I am to be able to spend my days and, sometimes, my nights writing. It most certainly is a Dream Job. (Ignore the picture. That never happens.)





Thanks to The Occupational Adventure for this list.

Kaenar
Tales to seduce and entice...

Check out Indulge Me appearing January 5 in Naughty Nooners, an anthology of male/male stories from Total-e-Bound.

www.kaenar.com

2 comments:

Kim Dare said...

After hearing a bit about Indulge Me, I'm shocked to here that working at a spar like that isn't in the top ten!

But they got the number one spot right - Writing is definitely my dream job too.

Although, at various times I've planned out careers as a vet, an engineer, an army officer, a librarian and a dozen other things. But since I still - I get to be all those things through my different characters, I sure I picked the one in the end.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Little do they know about the truth of being a writer! (LOL!)

Actually, my current job is close to my dream - teaching undergrads and graduate students a subject that I know and love.