This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

21.12.08

It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas-unfortunately.

The bunch of friends we spend time with throughout the year are always busy on Christmas Day, so this year I decided to get us all together before then for dinner at our house. This past Friday, seventeen of us were going to raise a toast to the joys of friendship and the delight of being together.


When I asked my husband what he thought of my plan for the get-together, he said it was a great idea. Then he uttered those fateful words, ‘but the house will have to be cleaned up if we’re having people over.’ My initial smile quickly turned to a frown as I realized that I had totally forgotten that aspect of getting together. You see, we’re pack rats. My sister and her husband are the opposite. When I go there, I wonder where all the mail they get has been put, where all the books are that should be lying around, where’s the clutter. Our house is 104 years old and doesn’t have much storage space. Too bad we didn’t notice that until after we bought it. Then I went to Toronto for three days and came back Thursday evening, leaving everything to be done the day of the dinner.





So now there's all this cleaning to be done and I hate cleaning. Fortunately, two things made it easier. Number One: I knew that when I was done, the house would be tidy and I could enjoy the time with my friends without worrying about dust bunnies crawling out from under the couch and devouring any guests.




Number Two: I may have been the one doing the cleaning, but I was imagining something totally different. Don't read any further if you don't think you can handle this because I'm going to let you see what was going on inside my head. Here's my vision of the perfect clean-up crew.


Someone to supervise. Woodstove's going, could be a fire hazard, better keep some firefighters on hand.



Get that laundry up to date.




How about some vacuuming?




Now we're off to the kitchen- dishes first.





Then the counter needs cleaning.



You know how you hate doing the bathroom, climbing in the tub and cleaning the walls. Let someone else do the
work. You'll be glad you did.



Don't tackle the cooking by yourself. Many hands make light work, unless they're on your body.




Remember: it's important not to work the crew too hard. Things like this may happen and you'll be the one having to step in and offer assistance. He looks like he could use a massage. You can handle that, can't you?




This is me, all relaxed and ready for the Christmas get-together. Thanks boys.




Unfortunately, look below to see what really happened. It snowed and snowed and snowed and the dinner party was cancelled. (The bottom picture is our picnic table covered in snow!) We're going to get together soon though.


Make sure you check out my newest release coming January 5th. My story, Indulge Me, will be appearing in Naughty Nooners, an anthology of male/ male stories from Total-e-Bound. I just got my author copy and the stories are hot, hot, hot. After you look at the pictures below, you'll need a copy to warm you up. Here's the first chapter for you.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Kaenar

www.kaenar.com

Tales to seduce and entice...










9 comments:

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Let's see...keep the men. Good help is hard to find. Do they shovel snow?

Lisabet Sarai said...

Wow, and they say you can't get good help these days!

Where in the world did you find those fabulous pics?

Great post, Kaenar. Merry Christmas!

Bronwyn's Blog said...

Kaenar, I do so adore you! I'm sorry your party got canceled, but I'm not gonna lie - I loved this post.

Now, make yourself a lovely cup of tea and stay warm. Let those men do all the shoveling and wood hauling...and massaging...

kaenar said...

Hey Cindy,
Shovelling snow was right at the top of their to-do list. You know how hot and sweaty men get shovelling snow. They always have to come in, strip naked and take a shower. It's a rough life. LOL
Kaenar

kaenar said...

I really had to do a lot of interviewing to find just the right team. But it was worth it! Where did I find the pics? Lots of searching on the internet. Merry Christmas Lisabet.
Kaenar

kaenar said...

Hey Bron,
Glad you enjoyed the post. Those clean-up guys sure make the bad weather easier to take. We're taking it easy today-wrapping presents, baking cookies, playing naughty reindeer games, you know the kind of thing that happens. They get so hot after all that work and usually need to strip down.
Merry Christmas sweetcakes,
Kaenar

Desirée Lee said...

I need the number of your cleaning service... whew!

*LOL*

Bummer about the cancellation though.

Carpe Noctem,
Des


Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com
des@desireelee.com

kaenar said...

Desiree,
The number should be
1-800-SO-YUMMY. LOL
We live out in the country and almost everyone who was coming to dinner lives in town, so they all decided to meet at someone's house in town and have their dinner there with the food they were going to bring here. We called while we were eating and they passed the phone around the table and we laughed and chatted. It was a blast.
Kaenar

Kim Dare said...

Now I know what I should have asked Santa for! Great post, and even more amazing photos. Spring cleaning suddenly looks like something to look forward to in 2009!

Have a great Christmas.