This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

8.12.08

My Favorite Things




Remember the song - "My Favorite Things"? Julie Andrews sang it in The Sound of Music. I loved that movie, but in all truth, I hated that song. It just seemed so - well - fake. Honestly,
who in their right mind likes snowflakes landing on their eyelashes? Yeah, I know, someone out there is shouting "Me! I like cold, wet, dripping snowflakes on my eyelashes!" Bit in the greater realm of things, I just can't get excited about white dress, blue sashes, kitten whiskers (kittens - yes - but just the whiskers??? Don't think so.), brown paper packages and that damned cold snow.
So, I've revised the song to suit my needs. To Julie Andrews and Rogers and Hammerstein - I offer my apologies. But, after all, I do write about love, romance and BDSM sex.

Marie's Favorite Things


Chocolate on cupcakes and whiskey in glasses
Bright shiny diamonds and warm bubbly bathtubs
satin line boxes just waiting for me
These are a few of my favorite things.

Strong brawny heroes with whips and long paddles.
strong hands and dark eyes and rippling pectorals,
canes and rattans than will leave quite a sting,
These are a few of my favorite things.


Men in tight blue jeans with white button shirts
Black satin panties that slide to the earth
shimmering bodies all set for a fling
These are a few of my favorite things

When the cat screams
When the mind dreams
when I'm feeling BAD!

I simply remember my favorite things
And then I can feel quite glad.

6 comments:

Crissy said...

Woo Hoo!!! I like your version better!

Crissy Smith

Crissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisabet Sarai said...

Very cute!

I always thought the original version was pretty sappy, too. Except for the kitten part. I'm a sucker for felines.

Kim Dare said...

Great version of the song Marie - I especially love the second verse *Grin*

Kim Dare.

Sascha Illyvich, erotica romance writer and real estate investor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sascha Illyvich, erotica romance writer and real estate investor said...

Wow, this gives me an entirely new view of Mudvayne's song "Pharmecopia" where Chad lists off a bunch of pschyedelic drugs and says "These are just a few of my favorite things..."

LOL!

Good post!

Sascha Illyvich
TEB Author