This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

28.1.09

One Year Ago...


It's been a crazy year. In just twelve short months I went from struggling writer to published author. Not just published, MULTI-published. Insane.

Sweet Dreams started it all and will probably always be one of my favorite works. No matter how many more books I write, no matter how successful I may (or may not) get I will never forget my first. ;)

I think this is still my favorite cover as well. Lyn Taylor asked me what I wanted and I told her just a little bit of what I'd been thinking and BAM! perfect cover. Isn't it gorgeous?

Things have progressed quite a bit for me in the last year. I started with the M/F, moved on to menage, and this year start my venture into M/M stories. I also started with novellas and have now contracted two full length honest to goodness novels. I have also worked in a few short stories here and there as well. Not too shabby for the girl who has, several times in the past, thrown computer disks (remember those? lol) across the room screaming "I give up. I can't write. I will work customer service until I die."

Okay, so I still work customer service. But I learned that I actually can write, and many people seem to think I do it pretty well thank you very much.

I have also made many wonderful friends on this year long journey. Fabulous TEB authors, fans, editors, etc. I now have friends all over the world I talk to on a daily basis. It's amazing what a year can bring.

365 days. That's all it's been. Think of where you could be in a year if you stopped telling yourself you can't do something, that you can't be something, and just go after it. If you want something, and you want it BAD, this is my challenge to you. Try it. Just give it 52 weeks and see where you can get with your dream. I bet you'll surprise yourself.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

5 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Girl, you sure as hell can write! Congratulations on having accomplished so much in such a short time.

Kim Dare said...

Congrats on a great year, Dakota!

Here's hoping 2009 is just as great for you.

Kim.

Crissy said...

Congrats on a full wonderful year that we all have enjoyed having the chance to read your books!

Glad you didn't stop!

Crissy

Molly Daniels said...

Hey D...Remember this?

Sweet Dreams is published, oh joy, oh yes
Interviews, promos, appearances, happiness!
Your daughter, your partner, your friends are so proud
They await your next book...will it cause a crowd?
Demands of your time, your fingers, your label
You'll soon be exhausted; just know you are able
To handle it all with your grace and your wit;
After all, 'Published Author' means you're no twit!


Love you! Congrats on a GREAT year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. Sorry to double post on Stella's debut. I thought that this was my last post, but apparently December was my last post.

It has been a great year, and I am so greatful for the friends I have made through Total E Bound.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel