Living in an area known as The Snow Belt means the snow comes early and stays a long time. By January, we've had enough. By February, we've got cabin fever and need a break from winter woes. So, I'm being very sensible this year, and making my plans in advance so when the winter blahs hit, I'll be ready. A little forethought and here are ten sensible tips to make sure I don't get winter weary. You're very welcome to try them yourself, and let me know how things work out.
1. This one is really important. Spend more time outdoors. I need to check out the local wildlife, appreciate nature's bounty.
2. Catch up with old friends I haven't talked to in a while.
3. Maybe I'll get around to hiring someone to tackle some of those odd jobs around the house. I doubt if I'll be tackling the jobs.
4. It's the perfect opportunity to do some research on cowboys. This looks like a good place to start.
5. I'm going to ask my neighbour to help me move the furniture around. Oh, my goodness, he's naked. How did that happen?
6. I'm going to get out of the house more often, maybe go to a costume party.
7. After all these years, I'm going to learn the rules of football. Give your head a shake! Do I really need an excuse to look at this on television.
8. Do something for my own betterment. I could learn to play the guitar.
9. They're just around the corner. I'll visualize those hot summer days at the beach. Or better yet, hop a plane and go somewhere warm.
10. I'll make sure I wash the winter salt off the car more frequently, perhaps at one of those indoor car washes where someone does the work for you.
Thank you to BeautifulMag for the incredible photos. If you haven't checked their site, make sure you do.
Hope I've given you some ideas for combatting the winter blues.
Tales to seduce and entice...
What happens when 6 friends get together
to write an anthology?
You get 'Naughty Nooners'
Check out my story, Indulge Me,
in this set of male/male stories