This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

17.2.09

Hot Flashes in the Tropics


Two weeks ago I turned fifty six. Two weeks before that, on the advice of my gynecologist, I stopped taking oral contraceptives in order to evaluate whether I’m in menopause.

This is something that I’ve been dreading. I’ve heard horror stories about menopause from my older friends – face beet-red and clothing drenched with sweat in the middle of a business meeting, insomnia, painful sex (and I’m not talking about BDSM!), dark mustaches... I wanted to pretend I’m still a sexy young thing for as long as possible! But continuing on the Pill apparently had health risks, so reluctantly, I agreed to follow my doctor’s recommendation.

Now, after a month, I think I’ve been having some hot flashes. It’s difficult to tell for sure, since I live in a tropical country where the usual temperature ranges from 26-40 degrees Celsius (79-104 degrees Farenheit). I’ve been sweating pretty much ever since I moved here! Lately, though, for a few minutes a few times a day, I feel as though I’m standing very close to an open fire. My cheeks burn. My level of sweatiness increases marginally. Then the sensations dissipate and I go back to being just normally hot.

So far, it’s not too bad. Maybe the symptoms will get worse, but maybe they won’t – I’ve read that diet can affect the severity, and I eat fairly lots of fruits and vegetables, which contain phytoestrogens (natural hormone analogues). I can only hope!

Meanwhile, this experience has made me realize that almost all my heroines are young women – usually in the range of 27-35. Probably I gravitate to this age range because that’s the period in my own life when I had my most exciting amorous adventures. I’ve come to the conclusion that this is pretty limiting, however. After all, many of my readers are my age or older. For my next story, I’ve decided to create a healthy, sexy, powerful heroine who is in her fifties – like me.

Maya’s been around. She has seen and experienced a great deal, and had many lovers, including two husbands. At this point in her life (unlike me), she has become cynical about love. She’s sexually dominant and enjoys going to play parties where she can exorcise her need for control by topping the many subs eager for her discipline, but she doesn’t believe in long-term relationships. It takes Lorenzo, a dark, handsome young Dom considerably younger than Maya, to expose and satisfy her deeper need to completely surrender her body and her heart.


For the past few days, Mistress Maya has taken over my imagination, striding back and forth in her thigh-high stiletto-heeled boots, cracking her whip and demanding that I get to work writing her story.

I guess I’d better stop blogging and get to it!

3 comments:

Kim Dare said...

Hi Lisabet,

Maya sounds like a great character. All the best with her story :)

Crissy said...

Happy Late Birthday!!!

Sounds like a wonderful ideal, I look forward to the story!

Crissy

Sascha Illyvich, erotica romance writer and real estate investor said...

Have you considered Traditional Chinese Medicine to help with symtopms dear?

You'll always be a sexy young thing to me *wicked grins*

Good luck with Mistress Maya!