This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

22.3.09

Location, Location, Location

Location, location, location. For the past two weeks, I've been visiting my mother in Bend, Oregon, a beautiful spot in the Northwest where people indulge in outdoor activities all over the place.

My creative juices are flowing. I am imagining several stories set in Bend, or better yet, in Portland, where I spent the first few days of my visit. The public transportation there is incredible, by the way. And if you're ever needing a place to stay downtown, I highly recommend Hotel Fifty. Gorgeous view of the Columbia River and right near the MAX transport system.

I currently live in Georgia, where the weather is warm enough to wear shorts and there isn't a mountain in sight. Here in Oregon, we've already seen snow, been sledding, and had a massive snowball fight. Pretty exciting stuff, especially for my 3-yr old, who thought sledding meant putting his skateboard on our concrete driveway and rolling downhill.

So maybe in my next book Yeti will make an appearance. Or a sexy couple and a mysterious stranger will get stranded in a cabin near Three Sisters, a cool spot west of Bend. How about a tree that wakens the druid bound to it, and calls forth several hot males for some sexual sacrifice?

As much as I'm on vacation, I can't stop my brain from tinkering with ideas. Now I can't wait to get home to write!

Here are some more pictures of what I've been looking at during my stay...

Three Sisters


Portland at night
Portland during the day
Cheers! Marie
www.marieharte.com

No comments: