This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

10.6.09

Queen of Procrastination

I'll admit it--I am a champion procrastinator. Sad, but true. Not in all areas of my life, mind you, but when it comes to writing, for some reason, I find all sorts of things to pull me away from the computer.

Funny, since it's what I love to do. I can't imagine my life without writing. Yet I sit down to write and suddenly I'm thinking of 70 other things I need to do. Some of it is legitimate. I have four kids, so things come up and pulls me away, no way around it. But when I find myself doing dishes or cleaning the fridge out instead of writing...something's not right. LOL

Even sadder, I don't know why I do it. I've tried psychoanalyzing myself time and time again and haven't come up with anything yet. I just have to work around it.

One way is setting goals for myself. I have a deal with a friend of mine--if I don't write a minimum of 1000 words a day, I owe her ten bucks. What can I say--money talks. And trust me, I don't want to pay out for every day I decide cleaning the grout in the bathroom looks like more fun than pecking away at the keyboard. ;-)

I know I'm not alone in my affliction. That's a tad comforting. LOL Maybe one day I'll figure out what my deal is. For now though, I'll just try to beat it the best I can.

Everyone have a great week. :)

Hugs
~Jess

www.jessicajarman.com

1 comment:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hey Jess,

I don't know about you, but I put off writing because I know that it's going to be hard work. I mean, I love doing it, but it takes so much emotional energy that sometimes I just don't want to face it.

After conquering procrastination and actually writing a few thousand words, though, I'm on top of the world. I need to remember that feeling and use it as a motivator.

Excellent post that many of us can relate to!

Warmly,
Lisabet