This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

30.6.09

Summer is in Full Swing!!!


In the great state of Texas here in the United States summer is in full swing. We've moved into the last few days of June and will be going full force into July.
I have been arguing that when it has been 100 degrees outside everyday for weeks that it is summer and I don't care what the calender says, but still people don't agree.
Which brings me to my problem...
I'm knee deep into my current WIP... two hot Alpha males in the middle of a snowball fight...one tackles the other making him eat a mouthful of the cold white stuff...when it happens...
they are now rolling around in the sand, on the beach where they were suppose to be playing volleyball and get distracted!
Distracted, thats one word for it. Well thats what keps happening. Instead of snuggling up on the couch in front of a fire I find myself wanting to put them on the back deck of a vacation house drinking a cold beer.
See what's happening here? It too damn hot to write about snow. You would have thought I had already learned my lesson.
My next and upcoming release on July 13th is Summers' Girl and I wrote it in the middle of winter. There is a scene in the book where Jake is skinney dipping in the lake behind Hannah's house.
I had to write that scene three times before it was done. Because I could see Hannah and Jake sharing hot cider or something but stripping down and playing in the water... not so easy.
Not sure if I'm the only one that had this problem but there you go! I am so tempted to move on to one of my other books. I steam ahead and try to get through but who knew it would be so... hard?
Crissy Smith
~Author of the Were Chronicles~

4 comments:

jrobe10689 said...

LOL. Try putting your ac down to like 75. Go outside and soak up the 100 degree heat. When you come back into the house, it will feel like a blizzard has hit the inside of the house. That might make it easier writing about winter.

Chris R, South Florida

Anonymous said...

HI CRISSY! SORRY YOU WERE ILL BUT GLAD YOU FEELING BETTER! JUST SAYING HELLOOOOOOO AND CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY SO I'LL BE MI9A TODAY.

LINDA B

Crissy said...

Chris,

The a/c is on 70, we'll call it inspiration Lol!

Linda,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your day!

Crissy

conb00 said...

Hi Crissy, Glad your feeling better.CRAZY weather where I live last week was so hot this week fall weather had the AC off for 2 days.Glad to hear from ya take care!!