This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

9.6.09

Taking a break

Goddamn there aint a FUCKING THING in Oklahoma.

For those of you who don't know, I live in California, was born in Texas and have family in Oklahoma. I recently taught my BDSM in Romance course just to raise funds to see family I haven't seen in probably 12 years. It was a trip I badly needed.

In addition to resolving some personal issues and learning about the paternal side of my family, I was able to spend some time with my personal assistant and her husband. That was fun but after I got a good first night's sleep (the second night) she asked, how did it feel to sleep?

I said, "It's quiet out here."

She nodded. "Yup, still."

And in Jones, Oklahoma, there's even less of anything than nohting LOL! But I tried desperately to not work, despite looming (due tomorrow) deadlines and work piling up. I walked around the trailer (yes, a double wide LOL) and paced back and forthkept a drink of some sort (ostly scotch or water) in my hand almost all the time and tried to remember how to breathe.

Seems I forgot how. Even had to remind my assistant to remind me to chew my food, rather than inhale it.

Today I'm writing this blog fresh from Oklahoma thankful for the vacation from the war in my mind. Fresh from the deadline hell that I'm addicted to, fresh from the requirements my mentor put on me before I come up to see her in August.

I was so afraid I'd show up and be the normal workaholic I am that I'd just miss everything.

Now I'm realizing I should take my own advice more often.

1 comment:

Lyn Cash said...

cracking UP - been to Jones *nodding* lots of porch huggers who watch traffic and the clocks ticking.

and lord forbid if you find anyone who used to know you who wonders how you turned out writing...what was that? that's writing?

damn straight. no pun intended.