This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

21.7.09

Toronto Pride: Can't Stop, Won't Stop

Can't Stop, Won't Stop.




That was the slogan for this year's Toronto Pride. The last week in June always marks Gay Pride Week in Toronto and in many other cities around the world. Looking to do some research, I headed dow
n to the big city for three days, to be part of the goings-on. Toronto Pride never disappoints. The city was warm and welcoming, people were laughing and happy, and Gay Pride shone. I had a front row spot for the Sunday parade which lasted nearly two hours. It was amazing. After the parade, everyone headed to Church Street to check out the vendors and the sights. The street was hopping almost twenty four hours a day over the weekend.

I thought people might enjoy seeing some of the many, many photos I took over the few days I was there.

The rain didn'
t seem to dampen anyone's enthusiasm. Umbrellas were brandished and people made their way to their place in the parade.





































































Here are my two favourites from the parade. I love the Bear Forest and the Virgin Mobile slogan was hilarious.































I'm going to post a variety of photos of the weird and absolutely wonderful people who make Pride Toronto such an amazing event. Can you spot Kaenar, that's me, in one of them?
















































































































































Hope you enjoyed your visit to Toronto.
Kaenar Langford
www.kaenar.com
Tales to seduce and entice...

Please check out All Tied Up, my latest book from Total-e-Bound.

As a government agent, Naymeen Renaud's mission is to belay Aiden Blackshott's role in treasonous activities. So how does she end up in the wealthy businessman's playroom, tethered for his pleasure?

Captain Naymeen Renaud's current assignment for the United League of Veluvian Planets is to thwart any contact between forces hostile to the League, and wealthy industrialist Aiden C. Blackshott. But she soon finds herself straddling a line between duty and lust. She loves it when Aiden captures and pleasures her in his sex playroom. But she suspects her new lover has ties to her former partner, now a rogue agent, she has sworn to bring in.

Aiden also has a mission, one which threatens to fall apart when Naymeen appears the very evening he will play his final role in his assignment. When he allows her to kidnap him to keep her from upsetting carefully laid plans, she whisks him to her star cruiser and ties him to her bed so she can return the favour. She wants to believe in him, but in the end, is he betraying her just as her comrade did?

7 comments:

Jambrea said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Jenna Byrnes said...

You know I love these pictures, the whole event looks like a heck of a good time.

Speaking of good times, I can't wait to meet you this weekend!

See you Saturday!

kaenar said...

Hey Jambrea,
I live to share. It was such an amazing time. I really wanted to let people know what an incredible city Toronto is. Thanks for posting a comment.
kaenar
www.kaenar.com

kaenar said...

Hi Jenna,
Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. The Pride Week stuff is amazing, but I really love the Fetish Fair in August. There's a lot of drag and cross-dressing for Pride, but the Fetish Fair brings out all kind of interesting things that you don't see at Pride. I'll do another blog or slideshow after the Fetish Fair which is mid-August.
I can't wait to meet you this weekend in Kansas City. I'm flying out on Wednesday. Woo hoo!
Kaenar

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Kaenar,

Fabulous photos! I particularly like the pix of the Thais, given my long time association with the country.

The joy and the spirit of fun shine through. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Lisabet

Jenna Byrnes said...

I'll be looking for that ankle tattoo.

I'll be the one with my hair on fire...heh heh heh

Kris Norris said...

Hey Kaenar,
I think I missed the whole Pride weekend by a week. I'm in Toronto now visiting my folks but it looks like you had a very interesting time. Though I doubt anything could have been more educational than your morning in the gay baths.hee hee
Thanks for the photos. I'm glad the parade was allowed to go on with the strike in full force.
cheers,
Kris