This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

6.8.09

Boo-Boo Kitty Fuck Face

When a friend and fellow writer said her lover calls her that, I about pissed myself laughing. I kept thinking: WHERE have I HEARD that? Oh, yeah.

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261392/)

And I had a good laugh recalling various names I’ve been called that tickled me…and ones that didn’t.

During a rape, the way I survived was to concentrate on two things. #1 – it’s just sex. Bad sex, but it’s still sex. You’ve done this before – you can survive. #2 – what he’s calling you is just a word.

It took years before I could say, much less write the C-word without thinking of that. I had publishers who pretty much demanded it (strong suggestion more than once = a demand, IMO). But I got through it by remembering what had happened years earlier and convincing myself: It is JUST a word, and the connation is the one you assign to it.

So when people ask me HOW in the HELL I can write using words like that, I have a silent moment of recollection and plaster a smile on my face before telling them…I guess I’m just a smut slut at heart. Get over it. They don’t need to know that it’s because I’m a survivor, and a part of me enjoys reclaiming sexual passion by getting over hurtful words and actions.

Every syllable I write, every orgasm I have whether literally or figuratively makes me stronger.

It takes guts to be who we are. We come from all walks of life, some situations shared, some not, but we have one thing in common. We know that words have meaning, and much of what we write means what we make it.

Here’s to all the writers who are survivors with great senses of humor. Call me whatever you wish, I’ll substitute the word I want in there anyway.

Still a smut slut. Get over it.
~ Sunny Lyn

5 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Lyn, honey,

Thanks for a wonderful post. You're an inspiration.

Hugs,
Lisabet

Kris Norris said...

Great post. And you're right. Words are what we make them to be... but isn't it ironic how they can hold onto us more than a physical wound ever could.

Congrats on holding your head high and being a survivor. It takes more than just courage to stand tall when others try to make you feel small. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

hugs,

Lyn Cash said...

(((Lisabet)))

(((Kris))))

right back atcha. have no clue why I was prompted to write that. it just seemed like it was time.

Marie Haynes said...

Good for you! It takes a strong person to come through traumatic experiences and you certainly - beautifully and gracefully.

Jenna Byrnes said...

Sheesh! You're even more of an amazing woman than I thought before- and you were up there pretty high already.

{{{Hugs Lyn}}}

Great post!

Jenna