This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

14.8.09

Heat Wave...Oh Yeah!

by Jude Mason

I know, everyone is sweltering in this summer heat, at least if you're on the west coast of the American continent. Being in Canada, I'm not used to 100 F. for any length of time so I've been melting (which ain't such a bad think if you're my size...LOL) If you're to the east, I hear the weather is like fall, or even winter in some spots. Brrr!

Instead of fighting the heat, or complaining the lack of, I thought
I'd share a few of my hot covers with you. Total E-Bound is notorious for it's amazing covers. Hmm, not sure notorious is the right word here, but I like it. When I first thought of joining TEB, the first thing I looked at was the authors list. Yes, I'm 'that' kind of girl. I wanted to know if there were any names. You know what I mean, NAMES who I could drool over and aspire to. There definitely are, but I'm not going to tell you who, I'll leave it up to you to go and find out for yourself. The second thing I did was talk to one or two of the authors I knew who were with them. I wanted to know if their editing staff was good, (killer by the way) how are they to work with (awesome is all I got) and then if they paid on time (YES!!) I got all the right answers.

My first submission was Ghost of a Chance, a short piece written specifically for them. I held my breath, but yikes, not for long. I got a reply within hours that they'd got the story and a day later they wanted it. My first thought was, 'Is a duck's ass water tight, hell yeah!' (You really need to put on your hillbilly hick shoes for this post)

I knew the cover was going to be one of the generic Lust Bites jobs, but I also knew how fantastic they were.
Hot, is the word that comes to mind. I've always loved this one, and drool over the guy whenever I bump into him.

It was about this time the imfamous Jenna Byrnes and I decided to try working together. She's actually the one who talked me into joining the TEB house and I'm sooo very glad she did.

Our first joint
venture was a book called Feral Heat, the first in our Untamed Hearts series and one hot story. Here's the blurb: The scent of a female is a powerful thing. Kai, leader of the cougar clan finds that out the hard way, much to his distress. Can he and his life mate, Aric, find the stolen talisman before it's too late? Okay, the blurb captures your interest, but that cover is very hard to ignore, dont'cha think?

Book 2, Bear Combustion followed shortly after and then Wolfen Choice.


Each book seemed to tell its own story and the covers were such an enormous plus for the series.

Claire informed us that she'd like to see the books in print. Jenna and I was thrilled. One tiny problem. We needed one more book. Because of the difference in word count between e-book and print, it takes 2 e-book sized novels to make up one good sized print book.

So, we're back at it. Writing another for the series and hoping to have it done in a timely manner.
We have wolves, cats and bears.

Now what animal could we write about that would enhance the series? Hell, what animal could we introduce and how? We'd linked the books together using amulets. There were only three and they'd been found.

Oh my! Dilemna! But, we solved our problem. A new amulet, and wild horses.
No cover yet, but man is my imagination running wild. Palominos, paints and Appaloosas. The choices are exciting and so is this story.

In amongst the changelings, I managed to fit a short story in here and t
here for a couple of anthologies. Naughty Nooners, a collection of short stories that'll knock your socks off if you like man on man action. These are hot. And these are amazing stories by some of TEB's best.

Here's the blurb for my Lunch is Served

Admitting you're gay is difficult enough. Can Philip Sands go even farther and admit he wants to be dominated? Philip Sands needs a job. When he finds one at The Gate Room, a gay BDSM club owned and run by the sexy Mark Freeman, he's faced with a dilemma. He'd admitted to being gay years ago, but had hidden his submissive side, even from himself. Dressed in the sexy leather gear required for his new job, Philip finds himself drawn into the lifestyle and lusting after Mark. Constantly aroused by the scenes taking place in the club, the duties he's asked to perform are more then a little frustrating.

An evening meeting, which turns out to be so much more, only adds to his torment. When Mark invites him to come in for lunch the following day, Philip jumps at the chance. Will their meeting turn into more? Will he finally find the courage to tell Mark his feelings? And what does the handsome Mark have in mind?
Whoo hoo! Does the cover fit or what?

Night Games and Jacob's Pony, two darker stories, each with it's own brand of bad boy and justice. Jacob's Pony is a sci fi tale where where man power takes the place of machine power, and pony boys are the norm. Can a wealthy land owner fall for his steed?

Night Games w
ent a totally different route: Johan is gay and has been interested in only one man for centuries, so why does this mortal woman pull at him so? When a hooker on the stroll is kidnapped under his very nose, Johan's interest is piqued, so he follows. Joined by his lover, Petre, the two vampires find themselves in the midst of a mystery. Once rescued, the lovely Miranda becomes a playmate for the two lusty men, but again, she vanishes. Who is the luscious blonde woman, and who could possibly be so interested in a whore? And why do these mysterious someones want her dead?

Then there's the covers that integrate with pictures my husband supplied of an inn on the ocean. We've christened it, Whiskers Seaside Inn. You'll see it on the bottom of the two covers below



Ethan's Choice:
Book one in the Kindred Spirits Series


When two insanely hot guys encounter a few distressed spirits in the beautiful Whiskers’ Seaside Inn, love becomes entangled with a mystery that must be solved.

Whiskers’ Seaside Inn doesn’t sound like the most exotic location for a weekend getaway, but it’s certainly intriguing. Ethan Roberts is smitten the moment he sees the weathered clapboard inn, and even more so when he meets the establishment’s hunky handyman.

Cade Wyatt seems like a good man to have around. He’s muscular, handsome and very protective of the inn and its occupants. He falls into lust, and then bed, with Ethan.

The inn has two paying guests, but Ethan discovers there’s another cast of characters who come and go. Cade might be nonchalant about the ghosts, but Ethan’s not sure he feels the same. He wants Cade more than anything, but Cade won’t leave the inn. Somehow, Ethan must find a way to live with the spirits as well as the man he’s come to love.

Hunter's Light:
Book two in the Kindred Spirits Series

A haunted lighthouse, a handsome keeper and one freelance writer with a penchant for ghosts keep things hopping at Whiskers' Seaside Inn.

David Sanderson arrives at Whiskers' Seaside Inn, excited by the prospect of investigating the local ghosts. He's a freelance writer with a keen sense of the supernatural and enthusiasm to spare. When the ghosts fail to make an appearance, David is directed to the Harbour Point Light, where an active spirit is known to exist. And one handsome lighthouse keeper.

Hunter Pierce isn't sure he wants someone writing an article about his lighthouse and the ghost who inhabits it. He lives a quiet, solitary life in his little house by the tower and doesn't relish the idea of tourists taking over the place.

Their priorities might clash, but David and Hunter mesh in all the ways that count. Can an intense physical relationship be enough? And are there more ghosts at the lighthouse than the captain? Someone doesn't like David hanging around. David vows to figure out why, and hopefully, in the process, figure out what to do with the new love he's found.

There are more covers but it's late and I'm tired. But, I truly did want to thank the artists of Total E-Bound for the amazing work they do.

2 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Jude,

You can just trot them out, one beautiful cover after another... I'm definitely jealous! Not for the quality-I'm very happy with most of my TEB covers- but the quantity is just overwhelming!

Warmly,
Lisabet

Jude Mason said...

Lisabet,

It's taken me years to be able to do this. Writing is my job and I spend way too many hours in front of the screen. My co-author is the amazing one. She works an 8 hour job then puts in time writing.

The covers at TEB are some of the best I've seen.

Hugs