This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

5.8.09

I Swear I'm Going To Spank My Characters

I swear I'm going to spank my characters.

They can be so naughty. They're not behaving at all right now. I could just scream, but maybe a little spanking and BDSM would be more fun.

If only they were being so deliciously naughty, I'd like them far better than I do right now. Maybe they will be when I wrangle them into submission. :)

I'm editing an MMF and adding more sex and new scenes. But the hero is doing just the opposite of where I keep telling him to go. He's driving me fucking crazy!

Maybe I'm trying to box him in, to make him into something he's not? Hmmm... Maybe...

Several months ago I tried to write an erotic MF. Unfortunately, the characters were too shy to have sex in front of readers. They just couldn't, or wouldn't, do it. So I had to find a publisher who publishes sweet romances.

My current hero doesn't mind getting erotic. In fact, he wants to get erotic much too often - if there's such a thing. He can't help himself.

Maybe I'll just have to spank him. Or let his lovers...

Seriously, he's being a royal pain in the butt and giving me fits including writer's block galore.

Maybe a good, hard spanking is just what he needs. :)

Don't miss my books that came out this summer.

"Simon Says"
"Doggy Style" in the "Summer Seduction" anthology
"Best Mates"

and coming soon, August 17th... "Sorry Charlie" in the "Friction" anthology.


Simon Says

What detective agency boss Simon Says, ex-lovers Rafael and Marco do whether they like it or not, including tracking a murderer in a transvestite beauty contest in Ft. Lauderdale - and sharing a hotel room.

Former actor come private dick Rafael may be in his element dressing up as a babe in Ft. Lauderdale's transvestite beauty contest in order to catch the sleaze ball murdering gays, but his ex-lover macho ex-New York cop Marco doesn't.

In fact, Marco isn't sure which is worse - having to dress up as a babe and talking into the microphone hidden in his boobs, or being forced to shack up in a hotel room with his ex-lover and too-tempting fellow detective Rafael.

***** Review from Fallen Angel Reviews

From Rafael's drama queen ways to Marco talking into his books, this romantic comedy is a gem! Reviewed by April from Fallen Angel Reviews

Available at Total-E-Bound

Ashley

http://www.ashleyladd.blogspot.com










4 comments:

Genella deGrey said...

Let him do his thing, girl!
All the better for us to read about it!
:)
G.

Ashley Ladd said...

The more I think about it I think I will. He needs something.

Lisabet Sarai said...

I have to agree. When characters resist our plans, there's usually a reason. Your unconscious is telling you that your view of the character isn't quite right. Sit him down for a good talking to and find out what he wants...who he wants to be.

Your latest books sound delicious, by the way.

Warmly,
Lisabet

Lyn Cash said...

congrats, ash - what a great review!