This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

19.10.09

My dream cast



Every writer does this – fantasizes about whom they would cast if one of their books was made into a movie. Every so often I find the actor who perfectly fits my image of a character. I’m finding a few and will post them over the coming weeks. I totally have a major fantasy about my White Tigers series being made into an HBO kind of series (*dreamy sigh*) and I foung the actor who could be Ryu (Men of Phuket: Tongue-Thai’d).
His name is Kimura Takuya. I first saw him in a wonderful murder myster/sci-fi, comedy type of series from Japan called Mr. Brain which I totally recommend. Then I watched another series, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes with him that was heavy but good in its way. I was watching and I said, he looks exactly how I envision Ryu – right down to his skin. The sweet intensity in the eyes, the soft features. His build too is just how I pictured Ryu’s – slim and wiry. He’s perfect. (In addition to being a wonderful, compelling actor.) I'm off now to hunt down more dream cast pictures of the men of the White Tiger. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!

2 comments:

Devon Rhodes said...

Very sexy and spot on! He is cemented in my head now. I always keep my eye out for "my" guys too, and eagerly pass along my finds when I do.

So when you say dream cast, are you only looking for men with acting talent? :)

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hey, Sedonia,

You're right, he's absolutely perfect for Ryu. So soulful!

I've found, though, that different readers have different mental pictures of characters. Sometimes it's jarring to discover how widely my perceptions vary from those of others.

Warmly,
Lisabet