I'm also thankful for my publishers who have gone out of their way this year to support me. I can't say enough what that support has meant. So, thanks to everyone at TEB including Claire, Nicki, Janice, Jessica, and all the other hard working staff, editors, proofers, cover artists and authors. And of course I'd like to thank the readers, who make it all possible.
This is starting to sound like an acceptance speech so I'll just close with some reasons why I'm thankful to my mother. She'll never read this, and it's probably just as well. But I had to share!
Subject: 25 REASONS I OWE MY MOTHER FOR MY EDUCATION
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
'If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I've just finished cleaning.'
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
'You'd better pray that will come out of the carpet.'
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
'If you don't straighten up, I'll knock you into the middle of next week!'
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
‘Because I said so, that's why.'
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
'If you fall off that swing and break your neck, you're not coming
shopping with me.'
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
'Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident.'
(Note from Jenna: This really happened to me. The one accident I was in, I was wearing ratty underwear and I was embarrassed! Boy, was mom right on this one!)
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
'Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about.'
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
'Shut your mouth and eat your supper.'
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
'Just look at that dirt on the back of your neck!'
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
'You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone.'
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
'Your room looks as if a tornado went through it.'
12.. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
'If I've told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!'
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
'I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it.'
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
'Stop acting like your father!'
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
'There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do.'
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
'Just wait until your father gets home.'
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
'You are going to get it when you get home!'
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
'If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to stay that way.'
19. My mother taught me ESP.
'Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?'
20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
'When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me.'
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
'If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.'
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
'You're just like your father.'
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
'Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?'
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
'When you get to be my age, you'll understand.'
25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
'One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.'
LOL - Okay, I have kids, and they turned out better than I could have imagined. But it's a great time of year to stop, reflect and be thankful, even if it is a bit tongue-in-cheek.
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!