This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

17.12.09

Countdown


Ten days! Just ten days until the release of my new M/M paranormal romance Necessary Madness. It seems I can't think of anything else. I'm posting excerpts. I'm running a huge contest at my new blog Beyond Romance. I'm dreaming about the book. Actually, I'm dreaming about blogging. The rest of my responsibilities are getting short shrift.

What's the big fuss? This is far from my first release. I've been publishing for ten years. I should be used to this by now, right?

But...but this book is special. It's my first M/M novel. The genesis of the tale is deeply rooted in my own past, specifically, in my several month stay as an inmate in a state psychiatric hospital as a teenager. Most importantly, I feel as though in writing this book, I finally "got" it. I got the romance right.

I've blogged previously about the fact that I began my publishing career writing erotica as opposed to romance. I didn't read much traditional genre romance, either. I've learned a great deal over the past two plus years, studying the work of my peers and responding to the critiques of my editors.

At last, I think it's beginning to sink in.

Necessary Madness is a chilling paranormal story featuring psychics and sorcery. It's a sizzling exploration of homoeroticism. Above all it's a love story, about an unconventional relationship between two very different men.

I think -- I hope -- that lovers of romance are going to really enjoy this book.

You can read an excerpt here.

Watch the amazing trailer here.

Drop into my new blog for my two week Grand Opening Party, with a free book giveaway every day.

And if you're curious, buy the book and see for yourself why I'm counting down the days until 28 December.

4 comments:

Carol Lynne said...

Best of luck with your release, Lisabet! Sounds like a fabulous read.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thanks, Carol!

I'm an amateur at M/M compared to you, but I have a good feeling about this one.

Warmly,
Lisabet

Suzanne Graham said...

Congratulations on your upcoming release. I can really feel your excitement through your post.

Your story, Incognito, is an all-time favorite for my hubby and me. Can't wait to read your new one!

Hugs,
Suzanne

Lisabet Sarai said...

Wow, thanks, Suzanne!

Hugs back,
Lisabet