This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

15.12.09

An Introduction on an Anniversary

Today is a strange day to be introducing myself on an erotic romance blog site. Today is the 22nd anniversary of my dad's death. I can't help think, what would my dad say about me writing in this genre. I know he'd love to read the stories, but not if my name was on them!

I wonder whether other erotic romance authors share their work with their dads. Do you?

I was 15 when my dad died (yes, that makes me 37). I've lived more than half my life without his physical presence. I know he is still around, though. I hear him in my head when I get angry and want to cuss a good one like he did. I see him in the way my feet turn out, like his did, when I walk . I feel him in my family room sitting with me when I toast a beer to him on Sunday while I watch our favorite team, the Chicago Bears (usually losing). And his memory is carried forward in my children who never met Grandpa Jack, but can talk about him as if they had.

I love you, Dad.

And I wish you were here to celebrate my writing with me. I know you'd enjoy my latest story, The Christmas Present, as long as you thought someone else had written it!

Excerpt from The Christmas Present

“Damn, their flight’s delayed.” Amanda turned away from the monitor in the baggage claim area to face her husband, Tom. “I can’t wait any more. These last seven months have been killing me.”

“Thanks a lot. I thought I was doing a good job helping you pass the time,” Tom said, loosening the knit scarf from around his neck and unzipping his parka.

Amanda grinned. “Oh baby, you have, but I’m going to explode if I don’t do something with this bundle of nerves curling through me.”

“I know how to take care of that.” Tom grabbed her by the hand and led her to the family bathroom next to the men’s and women’s restrooms.

“But we don’t have any kids,” she protested when Tom opened the door for her.

He shot her a look. “Are you really going to let that stop you?”

She shook her head and walked into the bathroom, hearing the lock click behind her. It wasn’t going to take much for her to reach an orgasm. Her panties had been damp all day in anticipation of being with Mark and Sabrina again, the sexy British couple they’d met while on vacation in the Canary Islands last May.

Tom reached around her, sliding his warm hand across her flat stomach and down the inside of her jeans. His fingers tickled her curls on the way to her clit. Her knees weakened as he trailed kisses down the side of her neck, and she leant back against him. “Oh yes,” she said as she unfastened the button on her jeans and pulled down the zipper.

When she started to push her pants over her hips, he growled softly in her ear. “Did I tell you to take off your pants?”

Feeling a new rush of wetness between her legs, Amanda shook her head.

“Please?” she asked.

“No. We’re not going to fill that hole of yours until our friends get here. I want you to really enjoy your Christmas present, and waiting is half the fun.”

She groaned and wiggled against his soft touch on her clit. “I thought you said you were going to help me.”

“I’ll let you have a little something to take the edge off.”

“Or keep me wanting more.”

“Exactly,” he said.

Available Now!


Best wishes for a happy holiday season with your family and loved ones!

Suzanne Graham
Visit me at suzannegraham.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Suzanne,

Welcome to the Hot Spot and congratulations on your release.

My dad died two years ago, and I miss him every day. I never told him about my writing -- I think it might have made him uncomfortable. However, my upcoming release is dedicated to him, since he loved things supernatural and even claimed to have some psychic powers himself.

Warmly,
Lisabet

Devon Rhodes said...

Hi Suzanne, and welcome!

Not a strange topic at all, many of us are writers after all, and the saying write what you know is an old saw for a reason.

I find that dates, anniversaries and such are ingrained in my head, so that it they are almost impossible to disregard, so you are welcome to bring your thoughts on this date into your post. Of course, I have a vested interest in saying that it's okay to post about something personal (see my last Hot Spot post on 11/24).

My dad still talks to me too, I can actually hear him say "C'mon, Rhodes!" when I'm about to do something idiotic like walk amongst boards with nails with no shoes on. Comforting in a way.

I know my Dad would be proud, but I doubt he'd read 'em. :)

Suzanne Graham said...

Thank you, Lisabet and Devon, for the warm welcome. I'm happy to be among such talented authors.

Suzanne

Carol Lynne said...

Hi Suzanne,

My dad died a month before I sat down to write my first book. I was gifted with his computer when he died and that's the computer I wrote Branded by Gold on. For some reason, I always thought he had a hand in giving me the push I needed.

I know for a fact that if my dad was still alive he'd be incredibly proud of me. He was a pretty big bragger and bigot (LOL), but I can hear him saying something like. "Did you know Carol's making a living writing books? Yeah, it's that queer shit, but at least she's making a living."

I loved my dad but he wasn't the most PC person. LOL

Suzanne Graham said...

Carol Lynne - LOL! That sounds just like something my dad would say, too!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your dad. There's a lot of us out here without our dads.

Suzanne

Jude Mason said...

Hi Suzanne,

I lost both of my parents about fifteen years ago and I still miss them both dearly. Neither of them knew what I wrote/write, but I've dedicated books to them both over the years. One, Scorpio Tattoo, I wish my mom had read. I'm not sure she'd have been thrilled with the 'queer' bits, but the mystery and feel of the story would have grabbed her, I'm sure.

As for dad, he was a sci-fi freak, something he passed on to me, so there are a few he'd have liked too. And, I'm sure he'd have loved the sexy bits, as long as it wasn't gay stuff. Not sure he'd have been thrilled knowing it was his little girl who wrote it though.

I guess we kids can't imagine our parents having sex and the same goes the other way round.

Welcome to the Hot-Spot

Hugs

Trina Lane said...

Hi Suzanne!

Welcome to the TEB family. I look forward to learning more about your work. To answer your question, My dad knows about my writing but I make it a point not to talk about specifics. Not that I think it would make him uncomfortable. He's a psychologist who specializes in teen/adult addictions--including you know it sexual addiction. However, part of me is still daddy's little girl, and I can imagine sitting there and talking about *looking left/right, whispering* sex.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays
Trina Lane