This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

23.12.09

Secret Santa...and have a Merry Christmas!

Christmas is almost here! If you're looking for a fun, short read over the holidays, don't forget my m/f novella, Secret Santa. Here's a little snippet for you:

Julia Brown isn't looking forward to Christmas. The clandestine relationship she's been involved in for two years has come to a screeching halt. She's faced with the prospect of a lonely holiday, and the worry that she doesn't have enough money for her son's gifts.


Victor Morgan, a partner in the law firm Julia works for, is the last complication she needs in her life. He's arrogant, presumptuous, and the most gorgeous man she's ever seen. When he comes to her aid she's surprised, and even more stunned to discover how susceptible she is to his charm.


Struggling to get in the Christmas spirit, Julia is cheered by a secret Santa in her office, and a series of events that show her what the season is truly all about.


Excerpt:


Julia crossed her arms as she rode the elevator to the break room. The thought occurred to her that she’d never asked Victor if he was married. She had to find out, first thing, and hope he told her the truth.

She marched into the crowded room and glanced around. Victor strolled in the other door at the same time, and their eyes met. He looked like an animal that could devour her with no problem, but she had a question before she’d fall into the deep pools of his eyes again.

He gave a small nod towards the hall.

She followed him out, where they were alone. “Are you married?”

“Excuse me?” He feigned a surprised face.

“Don’t toy with me, please. I need to know if you’re married before we leave here. I’ve been burned once before…”

His eyes clouded. “Recently?”

“Yes.”

“Was that what—” He pointed up.

She knew he referred to her crying on the roof.

“Sort of. So please tell me, before this goes any further.”

He moved closer to her. “How much further does it have the chance of going?”

Julia frowned, but before she could speak, he went on, “Okay, I’m kidding. No, I am not married. In the context of full disclosure, I was married, but it didn’t work out. We’ve been divorced for two years now.”

Relief washed through her, but she felt the need to cover all bases. “No live-in girlfriend or anything?”

“Ah, you got me, there. There is a woman who lives at my house. Her name is Frances Morgan, though I call her Mom.”

Julia gazed at him, surprised. “You live with your mother?”

“She lives with me. There’s a difference. Subtle, I realise, but it works for us. She’s getting older, and I don’t want her to be alone. And no, she doesn’t clean for me, or do my laundry. I’m a modern man.”

“I’d hope so.” Julia sniffed. “So are we going to stand around here talking all day or go to lunch?”

He placed a hand on her back and led her to the elevator. “We’ve already spent half our time on the grand inquisition. But that’s okay, I understand you had concerns.”

She smiled. His touch heated her, warming her straight through to her spine. “If you want, you could drive through someplace and get burgers.” They stepped into the elevator and rode it down to the parking garage.

“We could.” His hand still on her back, he directed her to a black SUV in his marked parking stall. “But then we’d have too much time to kill. I wouldn’t know how to fill it.”

“Really?” Julia looked up at him, lips pouting, batting her eyelashes. In the last five minutes, her sense of reason had been overtaken by a serious case of lust. She wanted this man, and made sure he knew it.

His eyes blazed with the same lust that coursed through her. Pressing her up against his car, he kissed her firmly. His tongue nudged the seam of her lips, parting them so he could advance.

Julia slipped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. Her sexy dream about him only intensified the feelings running through her. She felt the hard ridge of his erection through his slacks, and pressed into it.

He groaned. “We’re living dangerously, here. The parking lot stays pretty busy during the noon hour. My windows are tinted, but I’d imagine people would notice if my SUV was rocking.”

She pressed herself harder against his cock. “Is it going to be rocking?”


“Oh yeah.” He kissed her again and pulled away.


Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Byrnes

----------------

Find Secret Santa and other great TEB Christmas stories here!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


~ Jenna


1 comment:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Jenna,

I love your dialogue! You really make your characters come alive.

Merry Christmas and season's joy to you and yours.

Warmly,
Lisabet