This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

27.12.09

Who do you want to be?

A little while ago I heard someone say something along the lines of - this time next year, you'll be a different person to who you are today - who do you want to be in a year's time?

Like a lot of people, that's where my thoughts are at the moment. New years resolutions, thinking about the year that's just gone and generally taking stock.

A couple of years ago my resolutions were all about finishing stories, editing something for submission, sending it off and eventually getting something accepted.

It actually worked out pretty well. I was very lucky.

In 2008 I had my first acceptance and my first publication.

2009 saw another 15 titles join that first one.

2010 looks to be another year to be thankful for as far as the publishing stakes go, with even more books set to join the tally.

What else am I hoping for in 2010?

I'm adding more longer books into the mix, so I'm hoping that goes well. Part of me is half expecting those readers who've made it so clear they want longer books (you know who you are, lol) to read some of those longer books and promptly turn around and say I should have stuck to the short ones after all. Since I can't really make resolutions about other people's reactions, I guess I'll say my resolution is to take whatever happens as well as I can, lol.

Apart from that, well, I know that as you get further along in the business you're supposed to take it more seriously, get more professional about things. But I'm not sure if, in the coming year, I might be a little bit better off if went in the opposite direction, if I took some more time to breathe, to enjoy the journey...

As I typed those last few words, I had a vague memory that I said something very similar in another blog post that went out about a year ago.

Maybe my real resolution should be to keep the resolutions I make every year, but which fall by the way side in the first few weeks of January.

What about you? What are your resolutions?

Whatever you hope for, here's wishing you and yours all the best for the coming year.

May 2010 bring you only good things,

Kim Dare.
Kink, love and a happy ending. Do you Dare?

3 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Kim,

Fifteen titles in 2009? No wonder you're exhausted!

My New Year's resolution is to spend more time enjoying writing, and less time obsessing about promotion. Also I resolve to ignore genres if I feel like it and write what I want!

Happy Holidays!

Lisabet

Bronwyn Green said...

I love the idea that this time next year, we'll all be different people than we are now.

Not sure what my resolutions are at this point, but I'm definitely using that thought as my jumping off place.

Thanks Kim - for all your great stories, your friendship and for making me think. :)

Devon Rhodes said...

I know, there was one week where I proofed 6 (or was it 7?) manuscripts of yours, you crazy nut!

I'm a "realistic" resolution-maker, I like stacking the deck in my favor! ;)