This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

30.4.10

Living Life your own way




LIVING LIFE YOUR OWN WAY...

So many times I have people ask me what kind of books I write. What do I say? Paranormal, Romance, Erotic? Just how much do I go into what I love to do?

I’ve noticed that throughout the year and a half I have been published I am less and less shy about it. Don’t get me wrong- I don’t shout from the rooftops or anything like that but I do proudly tell people more than I did before.

This really came to my attention a couple of weeks ago. I have the biggest supporters I could ever ask for in my family. My husband tells everyone! His friend’s wives have become some of my biggest fans. My dad (who is an aspiring author) goes even more into detail and gives my cards out with my email address.

I used to keep my personal life separate from my writing life. It was just the way it was. I kept my social network separated with different profiles and so one.

I’m so over that now!

My facebook page has a wonderful mixture of family, old friends, and fans. I have bought and proudly wear my Total-E-Bound hoodie at work, carry a tote bag with my book cover on it, and I won’t even go into detail about my computer room. Each cover is proudly displayed for the world to see!

I don’t hide anymore about what I write. I like hot sex scenes in my book. I enjoy M/M loving books. I’m crazy about threesome/menage books. If I like these there has to be others out there to.

Someone’s buying the books!

I still get a little embarrassed sometimes. My husband and brother-in-law joke about the thrusting in my books, my mother-in-law has seen the covers, and worst of all- my step mom read the end of one of my Menage books.

When the Caught in the Middle Anthology was released in print I gave one book away. To my dad. My biggest fan. Of course I signed it for him and he proudly displays it on the coffee table.

So I guess it was only a matter of time before someone in my family (other than my sisters) read it.

But there comes a time in ones life when we have to be comfortable in our own skin. In the way we live our lives. We please no one but ourselves and takes care of our loved ones.

Living life your own way. If everyone did this the world would be a much happier place. It wouldn’t matter if you were gay, or bi, or straight. It would only matter what your character said about you.

That said I am overly excited that my third Menage book has been released this week. Did I say how much I love Menage books, Lol!

Bid High is a Lust Bites short story that was fun from the minute I started to write. Easy going and just plain hot I let myself go and wrote this one just for me. Here is a little about the book. I hope you can pick up a copy.


BID HIGH- RELEASED APRIL 26TH!!!

Buy Link- http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=759

Book Blurb-

A bachelor auction, a plan, and a night that will change everything.

Amber Wilson is tired of her boring life. She craves something more than just the average day ho-hum. When her best friend gets tickets to the hottest event in town, Amber sees her chance to live wild for one night.

Thomas Baldwin and Jake Grant have watched Amber from a far. They know she is the one woman who can complete the life they've made for themselves. The woman who will accept their love for each other while filling the hole that remains.

The plan - get the auction tickets to Amber's friend, get her to bid and win Thomas, then use every trick in the book to seduce her into becoming theirs.

Forever.

Excerpt-

“You didn’t!” Amber Wilson was shocked. In disbelief, she stared at her two best friends.
Trish nodded. “I did!”
Jessica laughed with Trish. “It wasn’t easy either. The auction has been sold out for months.”
“I’m not going!” Amber argued. They really expected her to go to an auction, bid on a stranger and have sex with him? Her best friends should know her better than that.
“You’re going,” Trish told her sternly. Then Amber watched with horror as Trish took the tickets from her purse.
Amber tried a different angle. “You can’t afford those!” She was not going.
“Actually I didn’t. They were…a gift. And you two are my dates.”
Jessica stirred her coffee. “We don’t need dates. We buy them there.” She giggled.
Taking a drink of her coffee, Amber tried to come up with another excuse. “I can’t afford the men there.”
Her two friends exchanged amused smiles. “It’s for charity. A very good charity. And we all know you’re loaded anyway.”
Amber sighed, knowing no excuse would be good enough. “I’d be so embarrassed.”
Reaching out a hand, Jessica patted her arm. “We’ll be there for support. I’m sorry we had to do it this way but you need to get out there again.”
“It’s been three years, honey,” Trish added.
“I know how long it’s been,” she snapped, not wanting to dwell too much on why it had been three years. “And it’s not that I’m not ready, I just haven’t met anyone I find…interesting.”
“Maybe Friday night you will,” Trish pointed out gently.

Hope you enjoyed the peek-

Today one lucky person has received a free copy of Bid High. As part of my April contest that ended yesterday I am proud to announce the winner for the Bid High Contest-

Lucky 4750

So Congratulations to her for winning the April contest. For contest information, updates on books, and the latest happenings be sure to check out my website and drop by my blog.

Crissy Smith

Romance on the 'WILD' side...

http://www.crissysmith.net

2 comments:

She said...

I agree with you. Once I started living life my way I became so much happier. I do what I want to do and go where I want. My family may scoff but I'm having the time of my life. Thank you for your thoughts.

Crissy said...

So glad to hear that!