This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

29.6.10

My First Anthology...

Well, I've had a number of firsts since my debut story came out last Halloween, but this September I'll be having another first... my first anthology. I've been lucky enough to have had my story, Keeping Faith, picked up as part of TEB's Threefold Anthology, due out September 6th, 2010...what a way to kick off the kids going back to school, lol. While I've had two of my shorts be included as part of a seasonal collection, this is the first time I've been part of a collection of awesome authors that will release as one complete work!

This kind of ties in with my post from last month. For those of you who didn't tune in, I asked about short stories versus long and how readers react to them. I've been concerned about the need to put out the shorter stories, so they'll sell, only to worry that reviewers or readers might think they aren't 'full' enough or long enough...which seems strange when they won't 'buy' the longer offerings.

I've noticed a few comments regarding how anthologies are great because you can try out a new author along with others you already know and love. And the best part, is that, generally, the word count is longer than short stories or seasonal offerings, so there's more opportunity to give readers the 'rich' environment they want without skimping on the loving...

Now I know it's a bit early to be promoting it, lol, but I really enjoyed writing this as the main heroine is a helicopter pilot, and I got to put some of my past life experience into a few scenes...nothing like real life to add drama to a story.

Anyway, here's the blurb...

Faith is about to discover why three is a prime number.


As a helicopter pilot, Faith Anderson is pretty open-minded. But when she finds her lover’s best friend in his bed, naked, she assumes the worst and leaves, not realising she’s just walked out on years of planning.

Donovan can’t believe his ultimate seduction has just gone up in flames—not after finally finding a woman he and his friend, Parker, know is the other piece to their puzzle. They’ve spent years watching her, and after being together for just over a year, one miscalculation has ruined everything…until Parker comes up with a plan that’ll have Faith flying back into their arms, and their bed.

And just my luck, the Threefold Anthology releases just a couple of weeks before AAD... the Author's After Dark convention—another first for me. I'm so excited. I'm actually going to get to be part of the convention, as well as enjoy many of the aspects other readers will be attending. A big thanks to Stella and the folks at AAD for all their hard work. I hope to see and meet a bunch of fantastic people. Now I just have to figure out how to promo this one right, lol.

Hope you all have a great start to the summer and I'll see you next month.

Cheers,

Kris Norris

Romancing life...one adventure at a time.

KrisNorris.ca

4 comments:

Suzanne Graham said...

Sounds like a great story. I can't wait to read it. I'm so honored to have my story included alongside yours!

Kris Norris said...

Hi Suzanne

Honey, the feeling is mutual. I'm thrilled to be part of the collection. Here's hoping readers love it.

hugs,

s7anna said...

Congratulations on the new release Kris!!! It sounds like a great collaboration...looking forward to checking it out.

*hugs*
Anna

Kim Dare said...

The story sounds fantastic. I'm one of the other authors in the anthology too :)