This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

24.10.10

Frighteningly Fearless Females!

First let me say, hello! This is my first blog post for Hitting the Hot-Spot and I'm soooo excited to join the host of authors bringing up scintillating topics every day of the month!

This is my favorite time of year when summer heat slowly fades to the cool nights of autumn. I love watching the brilliant hued leaves of orange, red and yellow flutter to the ground and having an excuse to buy more rum for apple cider and hot chocolate. Yup, I live for quiet nights with a warm drink in hand as I snuggle under a blanket to watch a movie with my sweetie. What would October be without the horror flick marathons on TV?

In honor of the season, I've decided to share my top five horror goddesses!

5. Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity- Wow! She kicked some major ass in this movie and managed to look gorgeous doing it! Her character was sassy, smart and not afraid to bring it.


4. Neve Campbell in Scream- She does a lot of screaming but she doesn't give into her fear. She clocks the bad guys more than once in this movie. She comes across screen vulnerable but tough.
3. Kate Beckinsale- Love, love, loved her in Underworld! She is so gothically beautiful in her tight black spandex-like gear. Afraid to trust, not looking for love, she's ruthless and strong. I can watch this movie over and over. And let's not forget her in Van Helsing! She plays another tough, sexy female heroine.
2. Sigourney Weaver in the Alien trilogy- I can't have a list like this without her. I will never forget how scared I was when I saw Alien for the first time. "Ripley," is the best example of a tenacious female horror character that handles every wild turn and ultimately defeats the horrific alien with acid for blood.
1. Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween- Yes, the "Scream Queen." Halloween was another movie that gave me nightmares. I admire women that can scream and wield a knife when a faceless madman is trying to kill them. Curtis made me scream along with her and definitely created horror movie memories I'll never forget.

As I've gotten older, I realize I can't hang with some of the horror flicks coming out. I've turned into a scaredy cat. I don't mind sci-fi horror as much as the slasher flicks but they both make me scream, jump and flinch much to my husband's annoyance. He always tells me, "You know it's not real..." as if that's a reason not to be afraid.

Albert Einstein said it best:
"Reality is merely an illusion,
albeit a very persistent one."


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
(wicked laughter) Ahh hhh hhhh Ahhhh hhhh ha ha!!!!

~Nichelle Gregory

6 comments:

widdershins said...

Sigourney Weaver - the original and best... in that first 'Alien' of the series, I sat through the whole movie with a huge lump in my throat waiting for her to die in the end... but no, she got the bad guy.... even coming back from the dead to do it... what a woman.... sigh

Annabeth Carew said...

I loved Kate Beckinsale in Underworld! How cool was she?

My favourite horror movie is The Shining. Shelley Duvall is not your typical strong woman but she stood up for herself and her son.

Nichelle Gregory said...

Hey, widdershins, I watched it with the same kind of visceral reaction watching Alien!

Hello, Annabeth! Shelly Duvall definitely could be on the list too. Having to fight your own husband is the worse kind of terror imaginable.

Thanks for coming by guys!! :)

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Nichelle,

Welcome to the Hot Spot, and thanks for an excellent first post, very timely ;^)

I hate most horror flicks, so I haven't even seen most of the ones you mention. But I did love Kate Beckinsale in Underworld - coolest of the cool!

Have a happy Halloween!

Warmly,
Lisabet

Nichelle Gregory said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Lisabet! I hope you have a spooktacular Halloween as well!

;)

Marie Harte said...

Good collection, Nichelle. I'm a huge Jamie Lee Curtis fan. Scream queen of the 80s. Prom Night and Terror Train rank right up there with Halloween, in my opinion.

Marie >:)