This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

15.11.10

A new twist on the romantic movie


Yesterday I took the hubby to an afternoon matinee. (It's so nice now that the munchkins are getting older that we can leave them home alone for two hours.)

We went to see Bruce Willis in his new film, Red. Can I just say for a 55-year-old man, he is looking mighty fine! Whew! I love me some Bruce.

This movie had my hubby and I laughing out loud throughout with great scenes with John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Helen Mirren, Karl Urban, Morgan Freeman, and Richard Dreyfuss. It was a star-packed movie.

The part that really gave me the biggest kick was the use of romantic suspense novels in the romantic subplot. Mary-Louise Parker's character leads a boring life and lives vicariously through the heroines in her Harlequin-esque romance novels. When Bruce Willis's character pops into her life, she finds herself caught up in the type of action she's been reading about. And once she realizes Bruce is a good guy, she has the ride of her life. The best part of her courtship with Bruce is that he's been secretly reading all the same books she mentions over the phone. I love the screen image of him lying in bed flipping the pages of Tempestuous Tangle of Love.

So if you're looking for a fast, paced, fun romp of a movie, check out Red.

Cheers!
Suzanne

3 comments:

Ayla Ruse said...

Sounds like a great movie. Can't wait to see it myself.

widdershins said...

Gotta love me some Helen Mirren... what a gorgeous woman! She just keeps getting better. And then she's Prospera (21st century Prospero) in the latest version of Billy Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'

Annabeth Carew said...

I was thinking of seeing this movie. Great cast!

I love imagining Bruce Willis absorbed in a romance novel!