This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

15.5.11

Songs in Movies

I love the way a song can set the mood in a movie scene. I've compiled a list of some of my favorites while avoiding some of the obvious like Ghost - Unchained Melody, Titanic - My Heart Will Go On, and Dirty Dancing - Time of My Life.

What songs have touched you in movies?


1. Flashdance - What A Feeling
Feel good song. What more can I say?



2. Armageddon - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
*Sniff* *Sniff* For any daughter who has lost her daddy, this one's for you.



3. She's Having a Baby - This Woman's Work
Warning: This one stirs up all sorts of intense, poignant sadness.



4. Once - Falling Softly
My hubby and I found this small, independent movie way before it received any Oscar buzz. Great, odd little love story.
Sorry, no embedded link available on this one. You have to go to YouTube to watch. Please do. It's worth it!

















5. The Ugly Truth - Right Round
And sometimes a song just makes you want to kick up your heels and dance!
This song played while the closing credits rolled for The Ugly Truth. It was a good thing I was watching at home because it had me jumping to my feet.

1 comment:

Sam Crescent said...

Hi Suzanne,

Besides most of the ones you listed, I love Beyonce Knowles Listen from Dreamgirls I think the movie is.

I think music makes the movie and choosing the right song for a scene can really bring the emotion and depth needed for the characters. Loved the post.

Sam