This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

3.6.11

Office Hours

So my first book, Office Hours, will be released in exactly 17 days. I’m nervous, excited all those delightfully annoying feelings that seem to come to me as a writer. I love being a writer, don’t get me wrong, having been accepted and begun this journey it has been a none-stop roller coaster ride. Would I change a thing? Absolutely not.

I’ve loved every second and will continue to do so.

So I thought I would share how Office Hours came to be. It wasn’t a story that built up in my head.  It was a case of bringing components together. First for this story was Buxton. I love this place, the air seems so fresh and in winter there always seems to be snow. I love snow.

I have Buxton.  I have snow and then Anya, my main character in Office Hours. I love her, she’s fiery she has spirit and I love how she tested me taking me further into my story. In a way Anya wrote this story. She told me where she wanted to go and who with. Then comes Nathan, the domineering boss. Both seemed to just fly across the page. This is my thought process, mind you.

I’ve come to appreciate the value of good characters, much like the value of good actors in a movie. Without them it would just be a load of scenes with no emotion.

Here are some photos that inspired Office Hours and my snazzy banner. Look out for me on the 20th June.






12 comments:

Ranae Rose said...

Congrats on the upcoming release of your first book, Sam. :)

Sam Crescent said...

Thank you for your comment Ranae :-)

Casey Sheridan said...

Congratulations on your release. Love your cover...very hot!

Sam Crescent said...

Thanks Casey,

My first release, very nervous, Love my book cover too. Thanks for stopping by.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Super excited for you, Sam!! Congrats on your upcoming release, and I can't wait to read it!!

Elece

Sam Crescent said...

Hi Elece,

Thanks. I'm looking forward to you joining me on this journey.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sam

Justine Elyot said...

I went out with a lad from Buxton for a while. He was supersexy too.

Best of luck with your release!

Sam Crescent said...

Hi Justine,

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking forward to my release I just hope that everyone else likes it.

Sam

Lisabet Sarai said...

Congratulations, Sam!

Wishing you great sales and super reviews!

And you're right about engaging characters making the process of writing easy. You simply get out of the way let them tell their story.

Sam Crescent said...

Thanks Lisabet for stopping by. I agree, let the characters tell the story and you just hop on for the ride.

Nichelle Gregory said...

You love snow?! Okay, I love it too when it first falls, for Christmas and that's about it. You'd love winter in The Windy City!

Best wishes with this upcoming release, Sam! ;-)

Sam Crescent said...

Hi Nichelle,

I adore snow, I hate the summer lol. Thanks for stopping by it is always a pleasure seeing you.

Sam