This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

14.6.11

Summer is on the way & Doc needs your help

Summer is finally showing itself here. It might not last, but it's gorgeous and my yard isn't a swamp anymore. Yay!

I do realize I don't have nearly as much water problem as some people. Flooding in some areas of the US are astounding, terrifying. So, I'm just not going to complain. Well, maybe just a little. See, when the warm weather hits, my husband begins to think about 'what can I do to make everyone's life hell?' I'm sure that's what he thinks.

So, I was sitting here, minding my own business when the darling man calls me out into the front room. We'd been talking about doing some major work in our back yard for quite some time. 7 years actually. We'd re-done the front yard and the side yard. But, the back yard had just been so daunting we'd shied away from it.

I guess my mentioning it a time or two had finally sunk in. He decided it was TIME! So, off he goes to the nearby trucking outfit where they have machines to move dirt, dig holes, bury rocks and tear out trees. Gulp. Darling hubby hires a fellow with this little tractor to come and do a little landscaping.

OMG!

Now, we live on half an acre. Doesn't sound like a lot until you actually try to do something with it. Planting flowers could cost thousands. You can't just go buy a dozen annuals. That wouldn't even make a dent in prettying up the place. Plants of any kind... buy them so they'll be big and colorful...and make sure you buy things the deer don't like to eat.

Anyway, at the moment, my back yard looks a bit like a bomb went off. Where I used to have grass, there's now dry dirt. (Thank GOD it isn't due to rain for a few days) I'm hoping we can get a lot of it raked out so we can get some seed down. And rocks! I swear they multiply! We had the fellow dig a big hole and bury the last batch we found. He did it, but unearthed a dozen or ten more.

So, we're building raised beds, moving boulders and chasing the deer off the just raked areas. They seem to love to lay/roll in fresh raked soil. Oh, and the fawns will be showing up very soon, so we're trying to get as much done as we can so we don't chase them off. We both love seeing the tiny spotted beasties.

A little business now:

My book Doc has the most amazing cover art and I'm thrilled to announce it's up for the Alternate Reads Cover Award for June. I'd really appreciate it if you'd zip on over and cast your vote.

Here's the url:  http://tjbook-list.blogspot.com/

So, once you're there, look on the right hand side and you'll see a list of the nominees. Doc is in there. But, if you prefer another cover, please don't feel you have to vote for mine. Vote with your heart.

Thanks so much!

I'm off  to get some work done. A little writing first, then out to my raking. How's everyone else's spring chores coming along? Anyone doing any renovating or landscaping like we are? Anyone got any brilliant ideas on what to do with a man who thinks this is fun?

Hugs
Jude

9 comments:

Ranae Rose said...

Unfortunatley, neither I nor my husband find yard work fun. Which means that our yard looks like total crap right now. Our lawnmower is infamously irascible, and our front lawn is looking untidy to to its refusal to work. As for our back yard...well, a jungle is springing up back there. A part of me wants to go our there and chop it down piece by piece, while another wants to let it grow up and block out my neighbors. lol

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

I do love the cover and will go vote here in just a minute...*S*
I have to sympathize with you on the dug up yard. We moved our modular home onto our 10 acres last June. But those 10 acres are on a mountain. Not bad. We have no grass, just bare dirt that sprouts bits of bear grass here and there. H planted tomatoes, peppers and his raspberry bushes...plus few strawberry plants. We don't have deer as it's too cold here for them to survive in the interior of Alaska. But we do have snowshoe rabbits and moose, and an occasional grizzly bear now and then. Any flowers we pant and our strawberry plants have to be dug up at the end of the season and stored in a heated shed for the 6 months of winter here.
Here's wishing happy flower time for you and a wonderful summer too!

Darcy

pommawolf @ hotmail.com

Ray said...

Your post reminds me of when my dad built a new house on the farm when I was about six or seven years old. When it came time to cover the septic tank with dirt my mother was sitting on the toilet when the bulldozer crashed through the cement cover and my mom got a big surprise. The only other time I ever heard her scream was the time I through boxes of caps for a cap gun in the burn barrel. She singed her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. She was not amused. Of course both stories made for good conversation for years afterward. Isn't country life grand?

I voted!

Jude Mason said...

Ranae,

Thanks so much. I used to really enjoy gardening and doing all the outdoorsy things. Now, I've got arthritis and it's not so easy. Hubby has it too, so we struggle along together. I do have to blame this on him though. He actually went and hired the guy to come make the mess. LOL

If you just close your curtains, you'll never see the mess. hehehe!

Hugs

Jude Mason said...

Darcy,

You're a better woman that I am. I can't imagine having to bring everything in at the end of the season. Here, the deer just eat it.

You really must have some amazing scenery. The wildlife alone would be enough for me to want more. Although, grizzlies are a tad big to play with. Gulp!

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. And, good luck with your gardening.

Hugs

Jude Mason said...

Ray,

I'm surprised you lived. LOL If you'd been my kid, you'd have been standing up to eat your meals for a while, that's for sure. Jeeze!

LOL

Yes, awesome stories after the event.

Thanks so much for voting.

Hugs

Charlie Richards said...

My husband and I talk about doing yard work... and then we look into how expensive it will be and say 'We'll hire someone once we pay off our debt.' That was several years ago, and guess what? We're still paying off debt!

Fortunately, most of our half acre yard is horse paddocks. Right now we need to hire a guy with a loader and clear out manure. Oh, well. There's always something!

Good luck with your yard! And take pictures of the fawns. I want to see!

Jude Mason said...

Hi Charlie,

Yup, that talking thing. Been there, done it and it just seems to make things worse. LOL

The other day, I was outside weeding one of my flower beds and looked up the street. My neighbor two doors up, Lynn was taking a break from weed eating. I yelled up, asked her how she was doing. Her reply was something like, she wanted to move into a condo. I called back, yup, I'm with you.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs

s4saucy said...

you can get these at a UK, the best one in my opinion http://www.s4saucy.co.uk/lingerie-clothes/latex/female.html although they only seem to have many panties with dildos of the design.