This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

16.8.11

Djinn'know...


Silver Screen Dream
is only 3 weeks away from being released!

I apologise for the terrible title pun, it's just something I can't resist! I'm very excited about this new release because it is something completely new for me and I'm eager to see how it goes down, so to speak. I'm hoping people will love my characters as much as I do.


Book one in the Djinn's Amulet Series

When true love conquers all, what is a djinn to do?

Johnny is a djinn, and he has a hard life. His master, Rahul, is a massive Bollywood star who’s run off to England to avoid an arranged marriage, a marriage Johnny has to make happen. It’s his job.

Rahul further complicates matters by falling for a British Bollywood fan, Laura, whom he meets at a film premiere. How can Johnny get his master back to Mumbai to marry the woman to whom he is pledged and away from the English hussy who is steadily taking more and more of his attention?

Johnny will use revenge and jealousy, but how will he cope when true love is thrown into the mix?


Last time I blogged here I introduced you to Johnny, my djinn, well, he's not mine he's Rahul's but you know what I mean. Today I thought I'd introduce you to Laura.

Laura is a lovely young lady who works in a Cinema in London. She has a really passion for Bollywood movies passed down to her from her Nani. Now, Laura is as pasty white as I am so how can she have an Indian grandparent? The answer is she doesn't. The lady in question babysat her when she was little and Laura just copied all her Grandchildren and called her Nani.

Nani loved all things Bollywood and would sit down the rabble of children and they'd watch the newest Bollywood titles coming alive on screen for them. Laura dreamed of going to India one day, of becoming a translator and she still does but life dealt her a hard blow and she's still desperately saving up to go out to Mumbai.

When she here's that the latest Bollywood blockbuster is premiering at her cinema and some of it's stars are going to be amongst the people watching she begs to be involved because Rahul Khan is her greatest Bollywood love. This is a little extract from the part of the story where Laura first meets Rahul:

“You know who I am?” Rahul asked with a kinked eyebrow.

“Yes, I do. I used to have a lovely Nani who would babysit for me. We watched Bollywood films together. You were one of her favourites.”

“Really?” Rahul beamed. “That’s so sweet. So you enjoy Bollywood yourself?”

“Oh, yes,” I replied, forgetting my nerves and letting the love sparkle in my eyes. “I still watch all the newest releases. I’m going to see Benazir tomorrow when it comes out to the general public.”

“Wonderful. Will you be here when the film is over?”

“Yes, Mr Khan, I will.”

“Then I’ll make sure to write you an autograph, okay? It’s always nice to meet beautiful new fans.”

“Thank you, Mr Khan, that would be wonderful.” I giggled. I tried not to, but the joyful noise just bubbled up beyond my control.

“Oh, call me Rahul, please. Mr Khan is so formal.”

“Okay, Rahul. You’d better take your seat, the film will start soon.”

“Ah yes, and you need to get the drinks in before Farharnaa dies of thirst.” He rolled his eyes and shook his head. “I’ll leave you to your work. See you later.” He took a step towards the door then looked back over his fine, muscled shoulder. “Oh, you know my name but I don’t know yours.”

I smiled. “I’m Laura.”

“Laura. Well, it’s been lovely meeting you.” He held out his hand.

I shook it. I think I managed to control my movements quite well, in my arm, anyway. The rest of my body was vibrating like a jelly in an earthquake.

“I’ll see you afterwards, okay?” he added.

“Certainly.” I smiled and reluctantly let go of his hand.

I didn’t have time to squeal, faint or do a happy dance, but I wanted to do all three at once. However, I stopped my instincts and got on with getting and delivering drinks orders. Then I took up my position outside the screen doors. I was not exactly the same as a burly security guard, but apparently I was cheaper.

However, as much as I knew I shouldn’t, I couldn’t help but sneak a peek through a crack between the doors to get a glimpse of the newest, hottest Bollywood movie.

I couldn’t see Rahul from my position. Well, not the Rahul who was there in the flesh. I could see the one splashed across the screen in cool, white, billowing clothes who was looking thoughtful and tasteful and downright sexy.

I swung back out as I realised how long I’d been snooping. Tony would kill me if he knew what I was doing. No one was in the dark, royal blue corridor, and as I fidgeted about, my mind wandered.

I was meant to be there to direct the stars to the toilets or to answer any other enquiries they might have, but I just wanted to watch the film, preferably snuggled close to Rahul. That would be surreal, to watch the star I loved on the big screen with the man himself beside me. I imagined his arm around me, his cheek against mine.

I didn’t think we’d watch much of the film. I know I would be far too distracted by his presence beside me. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything but touching him and kissing him, and I would just lose myself in the ecstasy of his plump lips pressed against mine.

I had to peep again, I just couldn’t resist. I reached out to open the door once more without even glancing that way. My hand encountered something hard, but it was also warm and it certainly wasn’t wooden like the door would have been.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I gasped. “I didn’t see you there.”

“It’s okay,” Rahul replied with a smirk. “I never complain when a pretty lady touches me.”

“Are you all right? Do you need anything?”

I stepped back but didn’t take my hand off his chest. Signals from my brain were taking forever to seep through the excited cells of my body to my fingers.

“I do want something,” he said, and stared deep into my eyes as the door swung shut behind him. “I want you.”

I wasn’t sure I had heard him right at first. I decided I must have been fantasising again.

“Pardon?”

“I want you,” he repeated. “I haven’t stopped thinking about you.”

“Me?” I was stunned. I should have leapt on him. I should have pushed my face to his, but all I did was stand rooted to the spot. Oh, and I gawped. Like a wide-mouthed clown on a miniature golf course, I let my jaw hang loose.

“Yes,” he affirmed, “you.”He stepped forward and pushed a curl of my hair back behind my ear. His warm fingers lingered on my cheek, his soft palm lay gently on my heated flesh.

I held my breath.

He looked at my lips, and I darted my tongue out instinctively to wet the dried flesh that I had suddenly become intensely aware of.

It was just like my favourite moment from any Bollywood film. Time slowed, colours intensified and I noticed the ice shock of his blue corneas against the jet black, widened pools of lust that were his pupils.

I could hear the softened, romantic music. It might have been real or imagined, I wasn’t sure, but everything in the background faded away, and it became as if Rahul and I were the only people in all the world.

The moment his lips touched mine, I felt as if I had been switched on. Turned on, certainly, but I was also fully functioning. Every little brush of his lips on mine registered in every last, little nerve. Every movement excited me. I realised I had been left on standby since I had been dumped by Danny, my body just going through the motions. Rahul’s kiss brought me back to life.


Silver Screen Dream
will be available to download from the 5th September 2011 but you can pre-order your copy now so you know you will be one of the very first people to meet Laura, Johnny and Rahul!




2 comments:

Serena Yates said...

This looks very cool, Victoria. The whole concept is fascinating, and your take on it feels - magical. I also love the way you introduce your characters here. Good luck with the new release. :-)

Victoria Blisse said...

Thanks Serena! I'm glad you feel the magical vibe because that is what I aimed for when writing Silver Screen Dream. :)