This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

24.8.11

Legacy of Love...


On August 10th I lost my beautiful mother. She'd been battling a life threatening illness for a long time and I thought I'd prepared myself for losing her, but there's no such preparation. My mind is consumed with thoughts and memories of her. 

I find myself speaking out loud to her as I work through my grief and allow myself to feeling every emotion.

When I close my eyes, I can see her gentle smile. When I lay my head on my pillow, I can almost feel her hand on my head and hear her soft voice. I miss her. I'll always miss her. If only I could hear her laugh or words of encouragement one more time.

My mother was my biggest supporter. She always encouraged me to write. She wasn't thrilled that I was drawn to reading and writing erotic romance, but she always wanted me to express myself and explore the things in my life that made me happy. I know she was proud of me and all of my writing accomplishments. She'd want me to keep writing. Knowing that, gives me strength to type these words.

A mother's love, for most of us, is our first experience of being adored. I learned tenderness, compassion and all the components of the "L" word from my mom. She was a diehard romantic, falling in love with my dad in high school. He stole her heart and she loved him even after they were divorced. Her quiet strength and determination to face life's hardships and heartaches with grace and understanding has and will continue to shape the woman that I am.

Her love for me and the love she showed other's in her life will forever inspire me to love and to live life to the fullest. She's given me a legacy of love I'll cherish and hopefully pass on to my own children.

Thanks, mom, I love you...





9 comments:

Sam Crescent said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Nichelle.

You have my condolences.

Ranae Rose said...

She sounds like a fantastic mother. I'm so sorry to hear you've lost her. :( You have my condolences.

Nichelle Gregory said...

Sam & Ranae, thank you, she was a fantastic woman.

Natasha Blackthorne said...

So sorry to hear about your loss.

AJ Llewellyn said...

I am sorry for ypur loss, Nichelle. I lost my mum when I was six. I still miss her every day.How lucky you are to have had such a loving, supportive relationship with yours. I don't think we ever get over losing them. We just used to living without them. Big hugs to you.

Nichelle Gregory said...

Thank you, Natasha.

AJ, losing your mum at six...wow. I am grateful for the time she was here and the relationship we had. I just need to figure out how to do as you said and live without her...I know she'd want that. Thanks for sharing and encouraging me.

Gwen Masters said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

I am glad to know that her legacy of love will live on in you. She left you with such a beautiful gift.

Take good care of you and yours.

Nichelle Gregory said...

Thanks so much, Gwen.

Amy Valenti said...

*hugs* Only just seen this post, so thought I'd leave some more condolences. It's horrible to lose someone you love, but I'm sure she'll always be watching over you.

x