So, as I was working on my spreadsheet, it suddenly hit me that this month is a rather significant one. Not just because it is my last month of 'freedom' before my 14-year old niece comes to stay with me for six months from September (see my July blog). No, I realized that it was time for crystal or a watch in celebration of a rather significant anniversary.
On August 1, my fifteenth book with Total-E-Bound was published. It is a super-hot anthology of sizzlingly sinful stories around the themes of lust, jealousy and wrath which I co-wrote with two of the most brilliant and wonderful authors I know: A.J. Llewellyn and D.J. Manly. We had a lot of fun each picking one of the seven deadly sins, then coming up with the hottest story we could think of. And this is only the first of four seasonally-themed anthologies, so watch out! The next one is, predictably, called The Sins of Autumn and is scheduled to release on November 7.
I think it is brilliant that my first book with Total-E-Bound, back in March 2010, was also an anthology - Stealing My Heart - and also included a story from AJ and DJ. Since there will be a second book from me later this month (Noticing the Finance Manger, the 6th book in my New Horizons series) I will also have published a book a month, on average, in the 16 months I have now had the privilege and joy of working with the fantastic team at Total-E-Bound. Time for a double celebration? You bet!
So, once I had realized there was an anniversary, I went hunting for some facts, names and other bits of information about the number 15. I just love doing research. :-) What I found was the following:
- The ancient Romans and their modern counterparts, the Latin-fans among you, would call the 15th anniversary quindecennial - quite a mouthful.
- Etiquette in Society, in Business, in Politics and at Home by Emily Post, published in 1922, contained suggestions for appropriate wedding anniversary gifts for the major milestones in a couple's journey through life. Crystal was the one she picked for the 15th.
- The modern equivalent gift in the US is, apparently, a watch.
- There is even an 'appropriate' flower for this occasion: the rose.
- For those of you into precious stones, the ruby is listed as both the stone for the 15th anniversary and the one for the 70th (or Ruby Anniversary).
- The Bible states that 15 is a combination of 5 (the number of grace) and 3 (the number of divine perfection), resulting in 'divine grace' for the number 15.
- And, finally, for the mystics among us, 15 is a meaning of deep esoteric significance since it is the alchemy vibration through which all magic is manifested. It is extremely lucky and is associated with 'good talkers', eloquence of speech, and the gift of music, art and drama. Extremely fitting for an author, I would say.
Me? I will mentally lift a crystal glass of champagne to toast this achievement, with thanks to my fellow authors who shared the 1st and 15th book with me, and with many thanks to the team at Total-E-Bound who have supported me so perfectly and made this journey fun and a major success. As for the books? May there be many more! :-)
See you next month!