This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

21.8.11

What is it about chocolate?

What is it about chocolate?








Or maybe I should say- what is it about me, and chocolate?



Chocolate and I certainly have a love/hate relationship. I love to eat it but I hate what indulging in too much of it can do to my weight so I’m very circumspect about my chocolate indulgence.



I have a visible stash of chocolate bars in the cupboard that I raid once a week or so. This stash has the bars I buy at the grocery store.



My hidden stash currently boasts eight big Lindt bars. These are the ones I like to nibble on every day. What the heck! I only have two squares and the chocolate is dark and good for you. See how easy it is to rationalize about chocolate.

There are four bars of Lindt Excellence Orange Intense which are dark chocolate with pieces of orange and almond slivers.



There are two Lindt Creation 70% Orange which are 70% cocoa dark chocolate with an orange and truffle filling.

The last two are from the Lindt Petits Desserts collection and are dark chocolate with a light chocolate mousse filling.



I’m not one of those people who turns to chocolate in times of stress or sorrow. I just love the taste. Whenever I go to Toronto, no matter what the time of year, my treat to myself is to order a large hot chocolate covered in whipped cream. Yummy!

But the main purpose of today’s blog is to pass along some of my favourite chocolate recipes.

The first one is Hot Fudge Cake.



A friend of mine once said, “With a tub of vanilla ice cream and a little black dress, a woman can have whatever she wants.”

This delicious chocolate cake makes its own hot fudge sauce and cries out for vanilla ice cream and a little black dress.

I don’t know if you’ll get what you want but I can guarantee that it will be fun to try.

You’ll need:

1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar (try brown sugar)
5 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups boiling water

Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa. Add the milk and melted butter and stir well. Place in an ungreased, square cake pan.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of brown sugar and 4 tablespoon cocoa.

Sprinkle evenly over the mixture in the pan. Pour the boiling water over the whole mixture just before putting into the oven. Do not stir.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes. Serve warm with a quality vanilla ice cream.

The second recipe is for Incredible Double Chocolate Brownies.



My family said these brownies are the best they’d ever tasted. You couldn’t wish for a better recommendation than that.

Hope you like them as much as we did. They disappeared way too fast!

Incredible Double Chocolate Brownies

You’ll need:

1/2 cup of melted butter
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup unbleached flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.


In a double boiler or in a bowl over hot water, melt butter and chocolate. Stir until smooth and let cool slightly.


Stir in sugar, salt and vanilla extract then add eggs one at a time, stirring until well blended.
Mix together flour, cocoa and chocolate chips and add to butter mixture. Beat until smooth.


Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is evenly coloured and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out almost clean. Begin to check brownies at 30 minutes. They should be just starting to come away from the sides of the pan. Brownies shouldn’t be overcooked.

So I hope you’ll try one of these chocolately indulgent recipes. Let me know how you feel about chocolate. Please leave a comment.

And if you really like indulgence, make sure you check out my story, Indulge Me, a male/male story set in the largest gay spa in Toronto.

See you next month,

Kaenar

Kaenar Langford

Tales to seduce and entice…

www.kaenar.com

No comments: