This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

8.9.11

Menopause?




I think I'm hitting perimenopause. On one hand, I'm thrilled, but on the other hand, I'm terrified. So I do what I normally do and researched the topic just a bit. First, I started with the word itself - peri - meaning around or near; men - meaning month; and pausis meaning to cease or pause. Okay. That makes sense. Next, I looked at the symptoms. Irregular periods, night seats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, anxiety, fatigue, weight gain, wrinkles, more hair in some places, less hair in others, acne. Well. Crap. I was kinda looking forward to not having to worry about periods anymore, but all those other symptoms just made me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry (could be the anxiety). What good could possibly come of this???One good thing has actually been the vaginal dryness. This rare occurrence has encouraged hubby and me to "experiment" with various types of lubrication - I particularly like the tingly kind (Oh My!!!) The weight gain has prompted me to actually DO the yoga that I've thought about doing. This has also helped considerably with the fatigue and anxiety! Yay! The possibility of wrinkles has motivated me to actually USE all those good skin products that I've purchased rather than bar soap and whatever lotion happens to be open. As a result, I actually feel that I look and feel better than I have in years!
So, if I'm feel better and sexier, perhaps others feel the same? Again, I started looking up peri and post menopausal women. And - use your own judgement, but personally I think these women are absolutely beautiful.


Oh, and did I mention, today is my birthday.

4 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

A warm and happy birthday to you, Marie!

I'm sending you sincere wishes for a joy-filled, fun and sexy day!

Lucia said...

Happy birthday!
Ok, I'm too young for my perimenopause, but not having my periods anymore, yes, I do see the positive side to look forward to :P

Marie Haynes said...

Thank you Lisabet - and yes, Lucia - I can't wait for that either!!!

Maggie Nash said...

Happy Birthday Marie!

And I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up :-)

Jokes aside, I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I'm coming into a new and wonderful phase of my life.

Maggie
(also peri meni)