This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

24.10.11

Good morning, Morning!

I don't know about you guys, but Mondays are so tough! I try to get ready Sunday night by finishing up laundry, checking book bags for unsigned permission slips, forgotten homework assignments...I'm sure you get the idea. Instead, I should be resting for the upcoming week!

I try to go to bed early, which is tough because I'm a night owl, but Monday doesn't care at all. She taunts me as I toss and turn through the night, unable to sleep as I think about all the things I need to accomplish when it's time to get up. I'm quite certain I hear Monday cackling gleefully as I open one eye to check the clock, hoping for just a few more moments of sleep before the day begins. 


When I finally drag myself from the bed, yep, I'd hit the snooze button at least twenty times if I could, I try to forget about how warm the sheets feel around my body. I forget about the fact that I'd swear to anyone willing to listen that I just started REALLY sleeping like two hours prior and try to face my day with a smile. Sometimes this smile isn't always visible, I'm working on that.

I find this to be one of my greatest personal challenges. You see, I am not a morning person. It takes me a minute or two to get it together. If you're a morning person, I'm guessing you can't relate to the fact that I prefer not to talk before I've had at least one cup of coffee. Unfortunately, my kids aren't having that. Uh uh...they demand immediate answers to their questions that begin the very instant they see me out of bed. *Sigh*

What's a woman to do?

Sadly, I have no real answers. If you're like me, you just try to make the best of each morning...especially Monday mornings. I worship the coffee bean. I like to pour it tall. I like to add a grande amount of creamer in a venti effort to jumpstart my day. Sometimes it works and sometimes...well, sometimes, I wish I could just pull the covers over my head and sleep the entire day away.

Man, do I miss those rare moments in college. Yeah, those were the days. :-)

So, tell me are you a morning person like my husband? Can you jump out of bed with a whistle and a grin ready to tell jokes and sing with the birdies outside your window? Or are you more like me...cautiously waiting for the morning hours to give way to mid-afternoon when your coffee intake has finally brought you up to the speed of life?

Either way, I hope it's a good Monday for you and a great week!

~Nichelle

Nichelle Gregory 
Simply sexy stories...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can be awake and fully functioning in an instant in a crisis or a baby starts crying. Otherwise I'm screwed if my body doesn't wake me up as I have to drag myself out of bed and heaven help you if you're dumb enough to ask me to speak more than two sentences

PABLO said...

Hello I can be awake and fully functional since the moment
I open one eye.
Like Chuck Norris phrase.
"I do not sleep , I wait ......"

PABLO.
pablo.garay@aol.com