This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

8.10.11

The Joys of Camping

My husband and I are on our way to go camping. I recently discovered that “camping” is a distinctly American pastime and only a select few other cultures regularly pack up loads of gear and head out to the woods for a relaxing time away from home. I have to admit, I was never a big fan of camping when I was younger or when my kids were little, but now, I rather enjoy it.


In truth, I prefer camping lite. We own a pop-up camper (for those of you unfamiliar with the term, it’s a hard sided camper with canvas sides and a hard top which easily “pops up”). This way, I can enjoy a campfire but sleep on a double bed, eat breakfast at a real table and, assuming we are staying somewhere with electric hook ups, enjoy the comforts of air condition or an electric blanket depending upon the weather. I still have to walk a bit to use the flush toilets and shower house, AND I squeal like a girl if I see a grand daddy long legs on the wall, but I can deal with some primitive conditions in order to enjoy the overall benefits of the experience.

I’m particularly excited about this little 4 day get away since we will be staying at Giant City in Southern Illinois; a state park filled with beautiful foliage, ancient hiking trails and a lodge which serves local wines and a can’t be beat fried chicken dinner! We had hoped that friends would be joining us, but since that didn’t work out, I’m guessing we’ll enjoy enough privacy to have some red hot outdoors monkey sex! Yay!!! Call me primitive, but there’s just something about bending over, holding onto the rough bark of an ancient oak and

screaming out my pleasure with only the birds and other fauna as witnesses that makes my blood heat and juices flow!

Also, Southern Illinois now boasts many local wineries, so in the afternoons we will be visiting a number of these fine establishments, partaking of their splendid offerings and enjoying the blissful strains of live music. Actually, I loved this area so much that I set my next book, Discovering Pleasure, in this region. The book is scheduled to be released sometime in January, but in the meantime, I hope you visit some of links below and see for yourself what Southern Illinois has to offer.

Rustle Hill Winery

Giant City State Park

es


No comments: